SlySoft CloneCD 4.3.1.7 Issues

I downloaded and installed the latest wersion and went to burn an image and lo and behold it Hung at 3% and wouldnt cancel. had to restart the comp i am using xp and my burner is a lite-on 40125w i never had this problem with v4202 and now cant seem to revert back to it. i managed to burn the image with nero so i know the burner works

Originally posted by mrmillimetre
I downloaded and installed the latest wersion and went to burn an image and lo and behold it Hung at 3% and wouldnt cancel. had to restart the comp i am using xp and my burner is a lite-on 40125w i never had this problem with v4202 and now cant seem to revert back to it. i managed to burn the image with nero so i know the burner works
Was the image made by the clone you had just installed,
do you have morethan one copy of clone on the system,
the burner is a very good one so it is not hard ware ,
sometimes thay just crash and we think it is the program we are using at the time, try again, i have the latest clone and it is verygood, until you try to backup a SecuROM v4.x protection then it fell in a big hole…
Dont give up on the program

seeyou Dog

I have the same problem. My burner (LG GCE 8160b) starts burning, write LeadIn and Stop.

Originally posted by Bad Dog

do you have more than one copy of clone on the system
When installing a new version of CCD,
it first checks automatically for the previous version to be uninstalled, no matter the folder.

Yes it did detect a previous version and uninstalled it before installing itself, i also made an image with the new program (not a protected cd) and tried to write that but still the same thing.

ps

sorry for posting in the wrong forum will know better next time

My previous version wasn’t uninstalled. Unless you click “Yes” it won’t happen

Originally posted by FutureProof

My previous version wasn’t uninstalled.
Why keep them both ? Is it a matter of trust or just “old habits die hard”… or something else ? :wink:

well i,ve passed the problem onto slysoft and did a system restore and gone back to using v4202 from elby for the time being

Note: It has been my experience that to uninstall the latest version and re install a previous one does not work you have to do a system restore first

I have bought clone cd (4.3.1.6) at slysoft.
Everything worked fine.
After update 4.3.1.7. the update let freeze windows xp pro
and freezes it self.
I have read here that people have the same problem, but they have used a crack or something like that.

I did not us a crack just paid for the programa ( for the second time because my key of 2001 was not valid any more).

So my question is do more people have the same problem?
And please only react if you have paid for the program or if you have the same problem in the unregistered verion( 21 day use).

If you have used a crack please don’t react at this post, if you have problems it is your own fault.

I have already send an email to slysoft, but they need 4 days to react (if they will react).

I don’t have the same problem but I decided to respond anyway. Out of curiosity, did you uninstall the Elby version? I installed the trial software 4.3.1.7 (unregistered as of this moment) into a different directory than my registered Elby version and both are working fine. I Tested on a regular data disk (Win2k) and a SecuRom title (NWN Shadows of undrentide). The bwa builder and Twin peaks worked fine as well. I’m using Win2k pro SP4 and an Asus 5224A for reading and burning.
At what point did it freeze? It could just be a WinXP issue.

My pc and clone cd freezes, when i want to burn the image to a cd.
It hangs on 3%
Copying on the fly gives same error ( clone cd and xp pro hangs).
My cd writer is a plextor 2410ta (with the latest firmware).

I’m using 4.3.1.7. I had to renew my serial for $39 but am pleased with the better emulation for SD.

I have had no problems at all with it locking up or not working otherwise. I tried burning a SD2.8(don’t have a 2.9) with a burner that cannot do regular patterns at all(No Sheep). It boots just as well as one written on a Two Sheep drive. All my old profile files work fine, by the way.

Don’t know why some folks are locking up their machines.

I’m using XP PRo SP1 on a Asus A7NX82-D board with an XP2500+ overclocked to XP3200+ and 400FSB. 756M of DDR.
Reader is a generic DVD-ROM and writer is a Sony175A1(Two Sheep)

I haven’t tried TwinPeaks on a SecureRom image yet but I’ll do an image of UT2003 now and see if all is well there, too.

Well, The Twinpeaks altered imaged of UT2003 works like the original for install and play. So far, 4.3.1.7 has worked flawlessly for me.

Nice that it works fine for you.
But when i use clone cd 4.3.1.7 it stops at 3%.
I have send 3 mails to slysoft, but still no answer.

And i have paid for the 4.2 and 4.3 version.

I think that i format my pc and install everything again.

And hope that the 4.3.1.7 verion will also works for me.

Originally posted by pdexie
[B]Nice that it works fine for you.
But when i use clone cd 4.3.1.7 it stops at 3%.
I have send 3 mails to slysoft, but still no answer.

And i have paid for the 4.2 and 4.3 version.

I think that i format my pc and install everything again.

And hope that the 4.3.1.7 verion will also works for me. [/B]

what motherboard and drivers do you have?

I have a msi 6119 motherboard pentium II 350 mhz 256 mb
Writer is a plextor 2410 ta 1.04
The version 4.2.0.2 works fine, but 4.3.01.7 not.
I have paid for the 3. version of clone cd and paid again for the 4.3 version.
I have send 4 e-mails at slysoft with the question of it is a bug.
I never got an answer back.
Nero, feurio and a demo version of alcohol 120% works fine, so my plextor buren is fine.
Clone cd 4.2.0.2 also works fine, but 4.3.1.7 stops at 3%
It happens when a burn on the fly or when i burn from a image.

Have you tried to copy another protection but Securom 4.8x with CCD 4.3.1.7, with success? :confused:

I’am getting tired.
My only question is of more people have the problem that clone cd 4.3.1.7 stops at 3% with the burning process.
I have sent already several times slysoft an e-mail but still no answer.

That is my only question.

I have one question more:
Has anyone who send a e-mail to slysoft got an answer back??

I sent them an email and got a response the same day. Can’t complain about that.

Originally posted by pdexie
I have a msi 6119 motherboard pentium II 350 mhz 256 mb
Writer is a plextor 2410 ta 1.04 . . ./ . . . Clone cd 4.2.0.2 also works fine, but 4.3.1.7 stops at 3%
It happens when a burn on the fly or when i burn from a image.

Is it possible your system simply doesn’t meet the minimum requirements? According to the Slysoft website:

System Requirements
IBM compatible personal computer with a 500 MHz Pentium and 64 MB RAM
Windows 95/98/SE/ME/2000/XP
Harddisk space needed: 1 MB

I believe the 500 Mhz Pentium was the first P III. Perhaps the difference in the architecture between the P II and P III is causing the problem? Do you have a more “robust” system to try to experiment with?