SlySoft acquires license on CloneDVD from Elaborate Bytes

I just posted the article SlySoft acquires license on CloneDVD from Elaborate Bytes.

SlySoft Acquires Licence on  CloneDVD The software producer SlySoft is proud  to announce that it acquired the licence of CloneDVD 2 which is restricted to  distribution via the Internet only....
Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/8774-SlySoft-acquires-license-on-CloneDVD-from-Elaborate-Bytes.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/8774-SlySoft-acquires-license-on-CloneDVD-from-Elaborate-Bytes.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Another product down the drain! :c

I wonder if Ollie is getting out of the business altogether. First CloneCD and now CloneDVD.

Don’t we all love press releases? They “aquired the right to sell CloneDVD”. Every department store has the “right to sell CloneDVD”, wouldn’t you agree? :wink:

well… this means the have now the right and possibility to make bundles with their own products, like AnyDVD and CloneDVD for a cheaper price then one-by-one… that is the only thing that they are now allowed to do…

Or maybe even AnyDVD will now find it’s way integrated into CloneDVD now it is based in the safe haven of Antigua. :wink: Pardon me if I am wrong (lol), but SlySoft is just a shop front after all yes? :smiley:
[edited by Lazza on 27.07.2004 18:05]

As far as I can remember the first versions of CloneDVD were able to rip css-encrypted DVD’s, but Elby was forced to remove that feature because of the new EU copyright laws. So, who would buy a DVD copy-program that can only copy unencrypted DVD’s? Nobody would, and Elby knew that. So they “sold” the part of the program that cracks the encryption to a company no on ever heard of before. SlySoft is Elby, Elby is Slysoft. It’s just a company owned by some front man, located in a geographical region without any copyright regulations.

who’d want clonedvd anyway? dvd shrink is better and its free:B

DVDShrink doesn’t let you keep the menus intact and remove the extras.

I thought CloneDVD + AnyDVD work together in concert. They are a magical pair.:g

OPER YOUR EYES. it’s just a move to avoid copyright shits. u can bet olly is in business with them. RIAA and others can’t blame a company located on a island

Who needs Slysoft when DVDDecrypter is around and for FREE! This program has never failed me. Once on the hard drive, any transcoding software will work with the files.

“Who needs Slysoft when DVDDecrypter is around and for FREE!” Those with money and willing to pay a reasonable price for an excelent prog. “This program has never failed me.” AnyDVD has never failed me either. So ? “Once on the hard drive, any transcoding software will work with the files” Little do you know. With AnyDVD, the files don’t even have to be on your HD. And many many more … All in all, never compare oranges to apples. Yeah, also read the earlier discussions on this matter @Transcoding Forum.

plz use paypal for dvddecrypter. the programmer deserves it

DVD Shrink now does let you keep the menus intact and remove the extras. Grab yourself version 3.2 - and its new AEC modes produce results that put CloneDVD to shame, too. :S

When I said “FREE” I did not mean that one sholdn’t contribute to the development. I’ve Paypal’d at least $40 to the developer over the past couple of years.

somehow my forty dollars was eliminated from my post.

Olli, Off topic, but will CloneCD ever bounce back and copy stuff again?

lol, DVDshrink is a nice free alternative. CloneDVD still has better, easier results.