@SlySoft, (3gp) for CloneDVDmobile

In the thread named “CloneDVD mobile released” you asked me to post my Devices.ini entry for (3gp) and that you would add it to the next release of CloneDVDmobile, well i posted a few times but it was never right so i thought i would post the finished entry in this thread.
I have tested this to see if the output file will work with my Nokia 6630 and with Nokia PC Suite’s Media Player and also Windows Media Player and it works with them all, i have also tested it with a Nokia 7600 but it will only play the video not the audio due to the fact that the 7600 doesn’t have RealPlayer.
The true file format for (3gp) uses H.263 for video and AMR for audio but i couldn’t get this to work, i did get H.263 and AAC to work but i could only get it to work with one resolution 128x96 so in the end i used MPEG4 for video and AAC for audio which gave me alot more resolution options, and it worked.
Anyway this is the finished Devices.ini entry that works fine, and i’m sorry for my other posts in the “CloneDVD mobile released” thread.

Hope you can include this Devices.ini entry in the next release of CloneDVDmobile.

[Nokia (3gp)]
Res1=128x96
Res2=136x102
Res3=144x108
Res4=152x114
Res5=160x120
Res6=168x126
Res7=176x132
ResAna1=170x96
ResAna2=176x100
VCodec=mpeg4
ACodec=aac
ARate=24000
ABRate=32
Format=3gp
FileType=3gp
Quality=30

Thanks!

Thank you very much! :flower:

Ive tried this profile with my Nokia 9300 but it did not work. Realplayer does a chrash and i need to take out the battery to be able to start the phone again.

The specs on the 9300 says that it supports RealVideo, MPEG4 and H.263.

In Your message You said that You had gotten H.263 to work and i would like to try that one on my 9300. Do You have an example profile for that codec?
Many thanks in advance.

Best regards, P

The problem might be that the Nokia 9300 may not support any of the resolutions listed, in that case you will have to find out what resolutions it does support, have a look at the details of a clip that you know works on your phone and check what resolution setting it uses and add it to the list, this may or may not work, “Res” for 4:3 content and “ResAna” for 16:9 content.

Hope this helps!

And 176x144 wouldn’t be bad

d.chatten,

You where absolutely right. It wasn’t the codec but rather the resolution. I added 176x144 ( have some clips in that size ) to the resolutions possible and did another test run.

That works like a charm!

Great, now Nokia 9300 can be added to the list of Nokia phones this works with.
Many thanks!!

Best regards, P

These settings work for the Motorola V710 & E815.

[Motorola (3g2)]
Res1=176x144
ResAna1=176x144
VCodec=mpeg4
ACodec=aac
ARate=24000
ABRate=32
Format=3g2
FileType=3g2
Quality=30

Just got finished watching “DOOM” on my cellphone…What a trip! Thanks Slysoft & d.chatten.

Great news! Can you please check correct display of both 4:3 and 16:9 material?

Thank you for the information. Does both 4:3 and 16:9 material play correctly (aspect ratio)?

The problem is that a lot of mobile phones will only playback with one res setting so the aspect ratio wouldn’t be correct for any of them unless the native res of the phone was 4:3 or 16:9.

4:3 works fine and I will test a Widescreen movie and reply back here. I did notice that when I tried to increase the quality above 30, the audio sync was off so I am sticking with 30.

@SlySoft
Would it be possible to add a res of 176x144 to the Nokia profile for 4:3 and 16:9 content as this would let people that have a Nokia mobile phone that ony supports one res setting to put a movie on there phone, beacause there are some Nokia phones that only support one res setting which is native to the phone, so if the output file is not in the native res for the phone it wouldn’t playback.

UPDATE: Both 4:3 & 16:9 both work on my Motorola v710 with those settings… :slight_smile:

• Watched Transporter2 in Widescreen at work today :wink:

[Motorola (3g2)]
Res1=176x144
ResAna1=176x144
VCodec=mpeg4
ACodec=aac
ARate=24000
ABRate=32
Format=3g2
FileType=3g2
Quality=30

Nerds…all of you :stuck_out_tongue:

Sure, but it sooooo cool! I feel totally old fashioned with my PSP and my iPod…