Slow Subchannel Reading

vbimport

Hi guys , seem to be having a problem reading subs at any sort of speed when trying to back up PSX stuff at the moment , use to be able to back em up at 24x 0n the fly - I have LTD163D and LTR24102b and it reads just as slow with both of em - 10 or more minutes for Reel Fishing which is only about 300 and something megs , fresh install a couple of weeks ago(XP) , tried installing aspi layer , no difference , both drives run in UDMA mode 2 , both read other cd`s very quickly !(just made an image of colin mcrae 2 in 3min 10 sec - securerom new) any ideas would be appreciated . By the way the LTD163D is brand new , just replaced my LTD163 .:confused:

Hello conehead66! Long time no here, although I see you around :wink:

Just data subs for PSX, audio not required. You may be caught out by the 8x audio read in the profiles. Create a new profile, without audio, for PSX reads…have a look at the sticky in the Experienced Forum

I 5:46:42 PM Device Scan found 1 CD-ROMs and 1 CD-Writers!
I 5:47:43 PM Starting copy from LITEON DVD-ROM LTD163D to D:\IMAGE.CCD
I 5:47:43 PM Read Speed for Data Tracks: Maximum
I 5:47:43 PM Read Speed for Audio Tracks: Maximum
I 5:47:43 PM Read SubChannel Data from Data Tracks: Yes
I 5:47:43 PM Read SubChannel Data from Audio Tracks: No
I 5:47:43 PM Fast Error Skip: Yes
I 5:47:43 PM Don’t report read errors: No
I 5:47:43 PM Intelligent Bad Sector Scanner: Yes
I 5:47:43 PM CD contains CD-Text: No
I 5:47:44 PM Reading Track 1… (Blocks 0-157007)
I 5:56:10 PM Duration of operation: 00:08:26
I 5:56:10 PM Average Speed: 728 kBytes/s (4.14)
I 5:56:10 PM Reading finished!

the last 10% took only a few seconds and went at about 24x ,
good to see you still going here Futureproof , how burns things ?

What do you think might have changed? DMA, cable…? Are you sure you checked the writer settings AND the profile settings?

AV proggy, surfing, overheating…anything? fragged disk?

like i said its only with psx stuff , securerom and others are flatout , images go to a seperate partition only used for copying ,
all I can think is possibly a bios setting or two I recently changed , pci master 0 wait state write is enabled and also pci#2 access #1 retry is enabled , I`ll try later when Im offline !

Bios changes didn`t make any difference , nor did ccd3331 instead of 4-30 , cant be stuffed formatting just to see if it makes a difference !