Slow speed

recently, having formatted my hard drive, i tried to back-up a new game that i had just bought but when i tried to create the image file, the fastest read speed (and write speed of the image) was only about 16x when i have a ltr-32123s xsox! i tried this using both clone cd and alcohol, yet still the slow speeds using the same settings that i had done previously (before the format).:confused:

does anyone know why i might be getting the slow speeds?
could it be due to the format?

Sounds like a DMA problem. Search around the forums for that to find your most likely answer.

Ari

With Win2K/XP, drives frequently get installed in PIO mode, simple change them to DMA.

It does sound like a DMA problem.

Also, I would recommend that you upgrade to firmware XS0Z from the Lite-On web site for this drive. It changes the drive from Z-CLV to P-CAV, which means that it will take less time to burn a disc at 32x.

There are instructions in the CDRLabs FAQ forum.

it seems as though you were all right, i enabled dma and now it works a lot better.:bigsmile:

Also, I would recommend that you upgrade to firmware XS0Z from the Lite-On web site for this drive. It changes the drive from Z-CLV to P-CAV, which means that it will take less time to burn a disc at 32x.

i downloaded the firmware you suggested, but when i tried to install it, an error:

‘‘ERROR:
Can’t found LTR-32123S firmware: XS01-XS0Z drive !
This flash utility only supports LTR-32123S firmware: XS01-XS0Z
Can’t find ATAPI Drive !’’

could this be as a result of updating my aspi drivers to 4.71?

tried flashing again with existing firmware and same error appeared

Please Help

That is a possibility. I have had problems with Nero CD Speed and InfoTool not recognizing drives when ASPI 4.7x was installed. Try ASPI 4.6 and see if that helps.

how can i uninstall aspi drivers?

Try just installing ASPI 4.6 over your current version of ASPI.

ForceASPI has tools for removing and/or replacing.

i removed version 4.71 by deleting them from the relevant windows/system directory and used aspi check to confirm that it had been removed (which showed ‘not installed’)

i then downloaded versions 4.6, 4.71 and 4.71.2.

i tried to flash my drive with no aspi drivers - failed (obviously)
then i tried all three versions of aspi, attemping to flash my drive after each install - all attempts failed!

will be downloading force aspi and trying that shortly.

used force aspi 1.7 to remove aspi drivers, and then to install drivers and it worked!

force aspi rules!!:bow: