Slow Reading Speed (Liteon DVD Rom/CDRW)

vbimport

I apologize for reposting the same message again, but since this is a Liteon forum. I am hoping that someone can help.

I have been ripping my DVD’s with a Liteon DVD Rom/CDRW combo drive with DVD Shrink. I was able to rip them very fast, less then 10 minutes. All of a sudden, the ripping speed has become very slow. It now takes anywhere from 30-45 minutes.

DMA is emailed. I uninstalled the IDE controllers in XP and XP fond them again after the restart. Nothing has changed.

I am using an Asus A8V-E Deluxe with VIA K8T890 chipset. 2 gigs of ram. AMD 3000+, and a NEC DVD burner.

I checked over and over and the Liteon and the NEC is set on DMA 2 on the secondary IDE in the Bios and in XP.

When I rip CD’s for MP3’s, the speed is fast as before, but when I try to rip DVD’s, it is very slow.

If anyone can point me to the right direction, it will be a big help, because I am at a lost right now.

Thanks!

try removing the NEC from the channel, and checking if the DAM setting has changed or not. I dont know why it would all of the sudden change. defrag your hard drives, and also run a virus/adware/trojan scanner as a precaution.

What does the DMA should be on the Liteon?

DMA dropped a few times becauxe of CD errors. I’m ripping my CD collections using the Liteon. Ever since then, it reads really slow for DVDs.

Do you think that has anything to do with it?

Thanks!