Slow exporting DVDs

Hey all…I just got a new computer with a 2.4ghz Intel Duo Quad Core pc with 4 gigs of ram and Vista. I installed DVD Remake Pro, and the exporting speed is not much faster than my old computer. To export a 7.5GB file to about 15-20 minutes. Is this normal speed? I don’t know of any programs that could be conflicting with DVD Remake…so I don’t know why it’s going so slow. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Check your DMA. It should take no more than 3 minutes.

Regards

It is enabled on both ATA Channel 0, and 1. Is there something else that could be causing this?

Just to be clear, I’m talking about exporting from files on the hard drive, back to the hard drive.

Anything else using your memory or CPU? Check this out by downloading Process Explorer from www.sysinternals.com

But that CPU and memory is more than enough to have it flying.

Regards

[quote=blutach;1953617]Anything else using your memory or CPU? Check this out by downloading Process Explorer from www.sysinternals.com

But that CPU and memory is more than enough to have it flying.

Regards[/quote]

Here are some screen shots I took while exporting a 7gig DVD, which took 32 minutes to rebuild.

This is really frustrating me…it also takes forever for DVD Rebuilder to export final DVD files. It encodes fast…but when it comes to rebuilding…it’s horrible slow.

This might be one for dimad.

2 things I notice:

1. Your PC is not using all its cores. But maybe that’s a DVDRMP thing; I’m not sure.

2. You’re somehow outa memory! This is undoubtedly what is causing the timing delays. There was another thread here about DVDRMP and Vista memory hogging. See here. That didn’t seem to get resolved.

Maybe you should email dimad and see if he can help.

Regards

Thanks a ton for all your help! I really hope I can get this resolved.

On a side note:

If you click in any of those graphs in the top right of process explorer, it gives you better info than task manager about memory usage. Also, Options - Replace Task Manager gives you Process explorer instead of the dreary (and next to useless in comparison) Windows Task Manager.

Hope you get it resolved. Please report back when you do.

Regards