Slow DVDClone and DVDShrink

vbimport

Hi Guys,

This is my first post, and I’m no expert, so I hope I make sense.

Last week I could burn a DVD using DVDClone2 in about half an hour. I use Decrypter to rip to my hard drive first, and then Clone to burn to disc. This week for some reason now it’s running super slow. It starts off reading through the file at over 5000 kb/s, but after 10 seconds, slows to 1000, and then to 600. Last night I started a disc, came back to it after an hour and it was giving the completion estimate of 271 minutes… that wasn’t including burning it to disc either.

I did some research and found that my primary IDE channel was set to PIO mode, so after going into the registry and deleting the ‘masteridchecksum’ and ‘slaveidchecksum’ and doing a restart, it’s back to UDMA… didn’t help. I’ve done ‘disk cleanup’ on both of my hard drives and defraged both. Yet still it runs slowly. I’ve been burning for a while now, but this issue has just come up, and I can’t work out why. I haven’t changed anything… so I’m lost. I’ve tried DVDShrink and it has the same problem. I’m not running any other programs at the same time, and I’ve also tried with the the internet security program off and disconnected from the internet also.

Can anyone help me please?? Thanks very much.

You typically don’t need to edit the registry. You can view the DMA mode by going to Control Panel > System > Hardware tab > Device Manager > then look under IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers (or similar) and select the primary or secondary IDE channel > Advanced Settings tab and you should see Transfer Mode = DMA if available and Current Transfer Mode which will show your current mode. You should be able to change the Transfer mode and then you simply reboot for it to take affect.

If the above doesn’t work, you can simply go into Device Manager and delete all of the IDE controllers and reboot. Windows will reload the drivers when it boots and reset everything to default (DMA if available).

Aside from that, slow reading can also be disc related (dirty/scratched) or burner related (dirty/failing).

[QUOTE=Dogg;2005520]You typically don’t need to edit the registry. You can view the DMA mode by going to Control Panel > System > Hardware tab > Device Manager > then look under IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers (or similar) and select the primary or secondary IDE channel > Advanced Settings tab and you should see Transfer Mode = DMA if available and Current Transfer Mode which will show your current mode. You should be able to change the Transfer mode and then you simply reboot for it to take affect.

If the above doesn’t work, you can simply go into Device Manager and delete all of the IDE controllers and reboot. Windows will reload the drivers when it boots and reset everything to default (DMA if available).

Aside from that, slow reading can also be disc related (dirty/scratched) or burner related (dirty/failing).[/QUOTE]
If that dont work for you.it will be a hardwear prob…

Thanks for your help dogg, but one more quick question. I have two primary and two secondary IDE drivers. Is this becuase I have two hard drives?? I have a C drive, but later installed an F drive to create more room. This problem did not occur at the same time as the new drive installation. Should I delete all four IDE drivers?? The only options that it’s giving me is ‘disable’ or ‘uninstall’. Which should I do??

[QUOTE=Amjapatr;2008001]Thanks for your help dogg, but one more quick question. I have two primary and two secondary IDE drivers. Is this becuase I have two hard drives?? I have a C drive, but later installed an F drive to create more room. This problem did not occur at the same time as the new drive installation. Should I delete all four IDE drivers?? The only options that it’s giving me is ‘disable’ or ‘uninstall’. Which should I do??[/QUOTE]

jw Whom did you buy DVDClone from? Could be that the software you using isn’t able to bypass or decrypt the protection on the media itself?? What O/S are you using?? What kinda errors are you getting ? And can you post a screen shot of the problems?