Slow dvd burner

yes i have a samsung shs182d burner it just started burning slow can some one help please

multiple posting is against the rules of most forums.
if you see nobody replies think as maybe no one has the answer to
your question… yet. so be patient.
as you can read from another thread here (problem with s203…) i’ve the same problem, i’ll search more and if can find anything uesfull will surely post here…

Read this, please: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f61/troubleshooting-enabling-checking-dma-windows-vista-xp-2000-me-9x-101616/

Hi and Welcome![quote=GigaHT;2216777]multiple posting is against the rules of most forums.[/quote]:iagree: Please use the “report post” button then, so we can deal with it.

if you see nobody replies think as maybe no one has the answer to
your question… yet. so be patient.
It is a good thing to check the “Read First” threads at first. Very often, questions are covered in FAQ articles.

Additionally, no one can expect an answer within a couple of minutes. All users here are volunteers, that will or will not answer.

Michael

sorry michael new to this stuff ,still need help anyone thanks

What do you mean with starting to burn slow?
Is the buffer dropping when you burn discs using Nero, and which burn speed do you select when you are burning?
Please check if you have the latest firmware installed, which you can download from the samsungodd.com website.

sosa i mean it just started burning slow it takes an hour or more to burn a dvd it use to take 12 or 13 min i updated firm ware at samsung, also checked dma setting they were right i burn wirh nero
when i start the burn at 4x it says it is buring at 4x then when the lead in buffer starts it starts to burn at any were from 1x to 2x or 3x
the buffer graph moves back in fourth from 80 to 90 percent to 10 or 20 percent that when the burn speeds go up and down, please any
help would be appreciated thanks

see post #3 of this thread.

[QUOTE=mciahel;2216796]Hi and Welcome!:iagree: Please use the “report post” button then, so we can deal with it.
It is a good thing to check the “Read First” threads at first. Very often, questions are covered in FAQ articles.

Additionally, no one can expect an answer within a couple of minutes. All users here are volunteers, that will or will not answer.

Michael[/QUOTE]

You are absolutely right about both subjects. and you were right about the origin of the problem. danke shon for pointing me to the right direction! :bigsmile:

I checked DMA status of the drive and it was set back to PIO mode, i dug more about why this has happened and found out that sometimes after too much IO errors windows sets it back to PIO (say, try reading a badly scratched disk)
unfortunately a simple uninstall / reinstall didn’t do the trick for me so i found
on this page a very useful vbs script called DMAReset that got the job done and VOILA !
I hope this helps mad123 and others who have the same problem :iagree:
Cheers!