Slow Disc Burning

Hi all,

It’s been a while since i’ve posted on these forums but i need some advice. I have an older system, P4P800+ MOBO and a p4 2.8ghz, that has been performing surprisingly slow. I use it for mostly downloading and burning DVDs. I’ve been getting several floaters while burning and when i have a successful one it will usually take over 15minutes when selected on 12x. I have achieved 3-4 minute burns before this with the same machine and want to know what could be causing this. I have a feeling that it could be the amount of drive i have and the amount of data that is stored on the system. This all totals over 800gb with half of that being data needed to be burned to DVD.

Do you think the simplest solution is to reformat my main drive and go from there? I think that my main HDD is slower than the rest so maybe that could be the culprit? Would changing any setting in Nero help at all(i.e. buffer location/size)?

Thank you for reading and hopefully i can find a solution to this quickly.

Welcome back :slight_smile:

Hmmm, 15 minutes for a DVD is about 4x (ish) IIRC.

You don’t say much about your system - could you post some specs (make and model of burner especially handy to know).

Maybe post the brand and rated speed of the media you’re using too, in case the info ends up useful. :wink: