Slow burns and or conflicts w/ AnyDVD or CloneDVD?

vbimport

Since installing AnyDVD and CloneDVD my other proggys (DVDXCopy Platinum RF and Sonic RecordNow) have seen their copy DVD process (read + write) times increase from 35 min to about 70 min+, even if AnyDVD and CloneDVD are turned off. Even copies of copies now take much longer when they used to copy pretty fast :frowning:

Are there known conflicts that would cause AnyDVD and or CloneDVD to interfere with the other good software? Can they (specific files or processes) be identified in the “Windows Task Manager” - “Processes” window and “contained”. How about a Registry tweak???

I love all programs and wish to keep the flexibility of being able to use them all.

Any help appreciated.

Make sure your system is still in UDMA mode and not in PIO, also you should do a search, this has been answered before many many times over and over again…

HAMP

Thanks for quick response. Sorry, I’m not techy enough on what UDMA mode vs. PIO is, where to check, and how to do it. Could you kindly provide some guidance?

in device manager go to the ATAPI\ATA IDE controllers and open them check the advanced tab on which channel your optical drive is ( Primary or secondary) it should show that the device is operating in ultra DMA mode 2. if it shows PIO mode then uninstall it and reboot windows will reinstall it when windows reboots and that should fix the problem.

ISS

Thanks for the guidance. Worked like a charm! :slight_smile:

Glad it helped and BTW welcome to CD Freaks.