Slow burning

vbimport

hi am gus from colombia, am having a problem with my dvd burner (Teac DV-W50E)it takes too much time to burn a dvd , aprox 100 minutes ,it has the lates firware, what can i do? is this normal?
thanks in advance forr any help…

my rig;
dell precision 650 workstation
dual xeon 2.66
1 gig ddr266
quadro fx 500

Boot into BIOS and verify that all hard drives and optical drives are seen and set to use AUTO detection. Save and exit. Reboot and go to Device Manager and remove the Primary and Secondary IDE channels. Reboot and verify that devices 0 and 1 in Primary and Secondary IDE channels are set to use DMA mode. Save and Reboot. Verify that all devices connected to Primary and Secondary IDE channels are running in DMA mode. Make sure the jumpers on the hardware are set to Cable Select OR Master/Slave if there are two devices connected to the IDE channel.

hey thank you a lot,I left only my dvd burner in the IDE 1 ,(I use to have two devices connected to this one…fatal error!)and I will connect the other one (cd/rw)to the IDE 2 . I understand that you cant connect two burners to the same IDE channel even if you set them with the master /slave jumpers, am I correct??,and another thing…my unit has a rpc II protection,there´s no firmware avalible for that protecton anywhere can you help me??i have only find firmware flashes for the rpc 1 but doesn´t seen to remove the region lock.

gaco

hey thank you a lot,I left only my dvd burner in the IDE 1 ,(I use to have two devices connected to this one…fatal error!)and I will connect the other one (cd/rw)to the IDE 2 . I understand that you cant connect two burners to the same IDE channel even if you set them with the master /slave jumpers, am I correct??,and another thing…my unit has a rpc II protection,there´s no firmware avalible for that protecton anywhere can you help me??i have only find firmware flashes for the rpc 1 but doesn´t seen to remove the region lock.

gaco

It should be OK to connect 2 burners to the same IDE channel. I’ve got my DVD Writer & CD writer connected to ide2 without any problems.

Yo-

Yes you can setup your burners on the secondary IDE channel - in fact it is the PREFERRED way to set them up-

I have had all my computers setup with the reader set as “Master” and the burner set to “Slave” for years with very good results and no problems-

Happy Burnin’

Mike