Slow burning DVD from Hard drive (Sony DRU-830A)

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Sony DRU-830A. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I am using a Sony DVD RW DRu-830A DVD burner. I have a Compaq Preserio SR 1838NX computer with an AMD 64 Processor 3700t 2.19 Ghz, 960 MB of RAM. I use NERO StartSmart 9. To burn a 2 hour DVD it takes about 4-5 hours. What can I do to speed up the burning process/.

Hi jshores and welcome:

The first thing to look at would be to check your DMA setting. The link below will get you started.

The other issue is that you posted this question 3 hours ago. This is an international forum and you need to be patient. Some members elevate a post to the list by entering a word such as “bump”. A moderator will need to close or merge your other thread.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f61/troubleshooting-enabling-checking-dma-windows-vista-xp-2000-me-9x-101616/

My first guess would be that you are “burning” avi files making movie DVD’s. In which case, it isn’t a “burning” issue. The avi files have to be converted to mpeg2. Conversion time is based on cpu speed…so the only fix is a faster cpu/PC.