Slow burn with CloneDVD2

vbimport

I never had a problem burning with CloneDVD2.

You can’t rush quality.

Regards,:slight_smile:

Make sure, you have set the correct write speed. Make sure, you use correct media. Make sure, DMA is enabled for your writer.

The faster you burn, the more problems you’re asking for.

Follow-up: I re-tried “Troy” after burning it in my usual 10 minutes with 1ClickDVD. On the re-try with CloneDVD2, it also burned in 10 minutes. Must have been a momentary computer brain fart. My DMA is set to Ultra DMA 2 and I use T-Y +R media exclusively. Thanks to the few who responded. :clap:

I use AnyDVD & Clone 2. I have a Sony burner & a Toshiba. Neither have problems making backups. However, my older computer has a 1.4 GB processor & 512 MB desktop ram. My new computer has a 3 GB processor & 2 GB of desktop ram. The new computer copies more than twice as fast. Food for thought. What are your specs? I think the computer has alot more to do with copy speed than the burners.

3.0Gb, P-4, 1Gb RAM, 800Mhz bus. I’m soom replacing my TEAC 8X combo drive with a BenQ DW1640.:iagree:

As I said, the problem apparently was a one time thing…it’s back to my normal 10 minute burns.:clap:

Both my burners are 16X. You need to check your settings in Clone-I use “noisy & fast”. Troy is a long movie. If you’re making backups successfully don’t despair.

@ walker1,

You are mistaken in your above #8 Forum Posting in this statement concerning CloneDVD and device speed settings. CloneDVD does not have any device speed control settings. If you closely look you will find that it is the AnyDVD software program that has device speed control settings. In AnyDVD under the Drive tab you will find device “Speed” selections. If “Enable Speed Control” is selected you will have the ability to select Drive Default, Slow & Quiet, Medium, and Fast & Noisy device speeds.

It is nice thing that Forum Members are able to contribute to the Forum and assist other Forum Members but when doing so you need to ensure that information you are volunteering is correct.

Best Regards,
Bjkg

You’re right. I did see that in the AnyDVD settings.

[QUOTE=bjkg]@ walker1,

You are mistaken in your above #8 Forum Posting in this statement concerning CloneDVD and device speed settings. CloneDVD does not have any device speed control settings. If you closely look you will find that it is the AnyDVD software program that has device speed control settings. In AnyDVD under the Drive tab you will find device “Speed” selections. If “Enable Speed Control” is selected you will have the ability to select Drive Default, Slow & Quiet, Medium, and Fast & Noisy device speeds.

Question, on the Conedvd2 page (Output Method) there is a tab for desired burn speed selection, is that different then what your refering to for device speed controll settings?

If you are on about the “Preferred Speed” dropdown box in Output Method, use this to control your burning speed.

Interesting scenario, I’d like to pose a question I don’t know the answer to.
I have never used speed settings in AnyDVD, and I always use 4X in Clonedvd, I’m in no hurrry, just being cautious.

Keeping in mind neither program can change the burning speed to exceed what the burners firmware is set to.

Lets say you have media capable of burning at 16X, your burner supports this media and speed. You set CloneDVD to burn at 8X, and you set AnyDVD to burn at fast and noisy. Which software has priority and what will the final burn speed be, is it 8X or 16X? Since AnyDVD is active first, does it take control?

Not sure, but doesn’t AnyDVD only control the read speed of the device, not the write speed?

Hi :slight_smile:
This would seem to be the case as I’ve enabled fast & noisy under speed control of AnyDVD
But sometimes select 12x with 16x speed media for quality reasons with CloneDVD
CloneDVD will inform me that media is being written at 12x when selected even though AnyDVD is still set to fast & noisy

Hello Folks,

The functions of AnyDVD Speed Control are similar to the functions of Nero Drive Speed. Unfortunately there is limited documentation as to exactly how AnyDVD Speed Control functions. Fortunately there is documentation on the functions of Nero Drive Speed. Below is a link for documentation of the functions of Nero Drive Speed and from that you can get an idea as to what Nero Drive Speed does. From that documentation you will be able to surmise the functions of AnyDVD Speed Control.

http://www.cdspeed2000.com/go.php3?link=nerodrivespeed.html

In short AnyDVD Speed Control only controls the Read speed of the device and not the Burning speed.

Best Regards,
bjkg

thanks bjkg for the information
“In short AnyDVD Speed Control only controls the Read speed of the device and not the Burning speed.”

I really don’t see any advantage of enabling the read speed in AnyDVD since the firmware has priority and it won’t read any faster then what the drive is capable of using stock firmware.

I think it is if you are using your DVD drive to watch movies, I know when my Sony external drive spins up it sounds like a helicopter about to take off!!! I done a little experiment and enabled the drive control speed down to slow and quiet, and it stops the drive spinning up to full speed. Personally I only watch movies on my stand alone DVD player so like yourself itzbinnice, doesn’t really make much difference to me.

If you are getting minor “read” errors when attempting to copy your DVD, reading the disc at a slower speed may improve your chances of effecting a successful copy.

takes me an 1hr 20mins on average to rip and burn a dvd movie using anydvd and clonedvd2.

@ chopstickhero,

Perchance have you ensured that your IDE devices are running in the DMA Mode? The below link provides detailed information on how to set your devices to use the DMA mode for quicker DVD copying.

http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/dvdguide005.html

Best Regards,
bjkg