Slow Buffer

vbimport

I've got a 24102b and when I first got it, it was fine. Now however, it sometimes writes discs which have corrupt files on them. I reckon (?) that this is due to the fact that the light on the front turns orange (instead of red) every few seconds. This signifies BurnProof in action, doesn't it? This leaves a gap on the disk, occasionally causing a problem.

I've defragged the HDD, which is a 40gb Seagate, on its own ATA100 channel, and the CDR drive is on a separate on not used at the same time.

I have an XP1600 and 512mb 2100ddr ram, so no problems there, winXP, and little or nothing else running. I really don't understand.

Would an 80pin cable to connect to the CDR drive make a difference (is ata100 used on CDr drives?)

Is there anything else I could do before resort to lowering the write speed?

Originally posted by the111
[B]
Would an 80pin cable to connect to the CDR drive make a difference (is ata100 used on CDr drives?)

Is there anything else I could do before resort to lowering the write speed? [/B]
A 40 pin/80 wire, ATA4, UDMA 66+, cable is recommended for all devices by the Standards Group. The just released version of CloneCD has larger buffers. Quality media is almost essential. Have you been through the links in the fourth dot of my signature? Lots of tips on system stability :wink: