Slow audio from DVD R/RW Drive

vbimport

Hi, hoping someone can help me here. I have a problem which is really bugging me on my computer, and I’ve only noticed it in the last week or so. I don’t play audio CDs that often straight from my DVD drive (the only CD ROM drive in the computer), as I usually just listen to mp3s through iTunes, and never play DVDs, though I played one today as a test. Anyway, the past couple of weeks I’ve been listening to a few CDs (store bought ones) and tried playing them through iTunes, Windows Media Player, and RealPlayer, but no matter which software I use the sound plays back slow (probably 1 second of audio takes 1.5-2 seconds to actually play), so it’s pretty annoying. The same thing is happening with the DVDs I played, and the picture moves slow to keep up with the slow sound. What I have started to have to do is import the whole audio CD I want to listen to into iTunes and then create a playlist and dump all the songs in there and it plays at normal speed. Something must be up with the actual DVD drive. The model is HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GWA-4164B, as noted in the Device Manager, if that means anything to anyone, because it means nothing to me as it gives no brand name or anything. It’s just the DVD RW drive that came in the computer when I got it about 8 months ago. Anyway, anyone have any suggestions on how to fix it and get my CD and DVD audio playing at normal speed again? The drive works fine for burning and data.

This is a double post of the exact same question so I’m closing this thread.