Sloooooooooow going with DVD Fab & DVD Shrink all of a sudden

I have been using both of these programs for well over a year and have never had a problem.

Now I don’t know if this is related or not but I backed up a DVD the other day and for the first time I burned it to a Double layer disc which takes significantly longer due to the dual layers.

Last night it took a movie of less than 2 hours over 40 minutes to decrypt, the burn process was well over 55 minutes before I gave up.

The settings on DVD Shrink are for DVD 5 and on DVD Fab on the main menu, it does state DVD-9 Quality N/A with no option to modify it.

Any suggestions, thanks in advance!!

Check DMA status on the drives.

The DMA status is fine on both drives.

For Dual Layer, it’s a straight ISO Read with whatever you are using to rip to your hard drive & then I would suggest burning with ImgBurn, no other programs needed. This is just rough, not exact but it should take about half an hour to rip to your hard drive in ISO Mode & then about 42 minutes @2.4X to burn.

I will try Imgburn next time with a Dual Layer disc, but the problem I am having now with the slow and or ineffective burns and decryption, are with single layer plain vanilla backups.

That is what the advice in post #2 is for.

Well like I posted in thread#3 the DMA is not the issue.

Thank’s for the help.

All of a sudden my dvd writer( LG GSA H55N) got sloow, I use dvd shrnik , dvd fab decryptor, dvd decryptor for ripping the dvds and i use img burn to burn the dvd’s ( both single and DL) . I even got driver updated .I donot know what to do .
Help in this regard is highly appreciated

[quote=msvas;2065986]All of a sudden my dvd writer( LG GSA H55N) got sloow, I use dvd shrnik , dvd fab decryptor, dvd decryptor for ripping the dvds and i use img burn to burn the dvd’s ( both single and DL) . I even got driver updated .I donot know what to do .
Help in this regard is highly appreciated[/quote] Change the ribbon (IDE Ribbon).:wink: Mae sure you get a 40 pin 80 conductor ribbon.

i tried but no result still slow decryption and writing