Slipstreaming Windows XP

Hello,

I am attempting to slipstream Hotfixes and other updates into a Windows XP Setup Disk. I have an OEM Windows XP Home Setup Disk and I want to slipstream Service Pack 3 into the installation, as well as other Windows Updates.

I was attempting to use nLite to perform this task. However, I do not need the excess customization, unattended setup or other features. All I want to do it slipstream.

My question is this: What is a good and simple program that I could use to perform this task? I have already download SP3 as well as all other Updates for XP using Windows Updates Downloader. I do not want to use nLite to do this so I need suggestions for other programs that I could use. Please help :slight_smile:

a good simple program to just slipstream the service pack is the run command, But nlite is the only thing i can think of that allows you to add hotfixes.

edit: here ya go a link to slipstream sp without nlite http://www.howtohaven.com/system/slipstream-xp-service-pack-3.shtml

Thank you! :slight_smile:

You can still use nLite without enabling any customization at all. Just check the options you need. IMHO this is the easiest way to accomplish what you want.

I don’t know of any other program to do what you want. I have done this same procedure many times manually. You’ll easily find many guides to show you the steps you have to follow, if you google for “windows xp slipstreaming”. But I still think nLite is easier :wink:

And welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Oops, just noticed slayerking was faster :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Yes but the hotfixes and such that I download using Windows Updates Downloader will add to the list when I manually add them at the Hotfixes Integration screen but when it attempts to add them, I get various error messages and it doesn’t work. If there were a pre-compiled update pack that I could download that works with nLite, then I would use that

Hi,

I would just integrate SP3 into the install disc.
For the additional patches, you may have a look at the c’t offline update :slight_smile:

Michael

P.S.: There are issues with slipstreaming an XP disc if another flavour of Windows (Vista or W2k) is running.

I found a method that is more straight-forward and allows me to slipstream Post-SP2 Updates as well as other programs that I would want or need.

RyanVM’s Integrator allows me to do precisely what I need. I download the Integrator, download the appropriate Update Pack (Post-SP2 or Post-SP3) and then download the Addons that I would like which allow me to include specific programs or remove default Windows components.

RyanVM Integrator is the best slipstream method, period.

Ryan and Signet have done a great job with this process. It is absolutely the cleanest integrator and even removes obselete entries after the hotfixes have been integrated.

Not to mention the excellent support for switchless installers (DirectX, DotNETFX, etc.)

I use nLite only for other customizations once the slipstream process has been completed.

I was thinking of doing the same thing. I will use RVM Integrator to add his Post-SP2 Update Pack, then slipstream SP3 into it followed by integrating his Post-SP3 Update Pack. All I will need to do then is figure out which updates I still need to integrate (help me if you can) and then customize it with nLite. I wonder if there is a program that will list all of the updates that I still require that have yet to be incorporated into my new XP Home Setup Disk…

Or if I must have to, I will install using my new disk in a Virtual Environment and then run Windows Update, write down the updates I still need, download them manually and then integrate them into the disk.

No need to do Post SP2 Update Pack.
I would suggest that you slipstream SP3 first, then add Post SP3 Update Pack.
The Post SP3 Update Pack would contain hotfixes and updates since the release of SP3.

Here is a list of what is included in Post SP3 Update Pack.

I would just integrate SP3 into the install disc with AutoStreamer and then use AutoPatcher to update/tweak [I]and[/I] set up my rig. There is a lot more to setting up a fresh install than MS updates.

[QUOTE=malikor;2273807]I was thinking of doing the same thing. I will use RVM Integrator to add his Post-SP2 Update Pack, then slipstream SP3 into it followed by integrating his Post-SP3 Update Pack. All I will need to do then is figure out which updates I still need to integrate (help me if you can) and then customize it with nLite. I wonder if there is a program that will list all of the updates that I still require that have yet to be incorporated into my new XP Home Setup Disk…

Or if I must have to, I will install using my new disk in a Virtual Environment and then run Windows Update, write down the updates I still need, download them manually and then integrate them into the disk.[/QUOTE]

You can also use RyanVM to integrate all .NET Framework plus Service Packs components, DirectX Runtimes via Switchless Installers.

There are also add-ons for IE7 and IE8 that can be integrated using the RyanVM Integrator.

Additionally, I also integrate WMP11 and all updates.

These reduced/eliminate the time spent on the Microsoft/Windows Update page after the Windows installation.

Finally, I tweak with nLite for personalized customizations and component removals.

I am unable to find a link to integrate IE7, IE8, WMP11. Also, when I download the switchless installers, do I simply add them to the integration by selecting them from the “Add Addons” Dialog?

MrNxDmX Internet Explorer 7 English w/updates (2.0.4a)

Onepiece’s Internet Explorer 8 RTM for Windows XP with updates Addon

Signet Software (parterned with Ryan to create the Integrator) has explicit instruction for integration.

The Update Pack (v1.0.3) is selected in the [B]Choose Update Pack[/B] box and all add-ons, including Switchless Installers, are integrated via the [B]Choose AddonPack(s)[/B] box.

Windows Media Player 11 and updates are integrated using Boooggy’s Windows Media Player 11 Slipstreamer.

You will need to install the Slipstreamer (v1.4.2.0), then integrate the WMP11 Installer and all hotfixes.

I do appreciate your response :slight_smile:

Glad to help.

Your final process would be nLite tweaks and customizations.
Here you can create an ISO with nLite once you are finished and burn the ISO to a disc.

I have completed the slipstream using AutoStreamer, integration using RVM Integrator and the customization using nLite. I saved an ISO Image of the disk and installed it into a VE using VirtualBox. Worked perfectly :slight_smile: