"Slipstream" Device Drivers into Windows XP Pro

I recently succesfully created a slipstreamed Windows XP installation disk the SP2 and it struck me that it would be great to be able to slipstream all my device drivers in a similar way - eg. Sound Card, graphics accelerator, motherboard ide drivers etc. Perhaps even the applications can be “slipstreamed” eg Ati Control Panel.

Is their a method one can use to do this? - perhaps into the driver.cab file?

This would be really great!

Here 's a very good link for you: http://unattended.msfn.org/

Wow - thank you GrG - it really is a great link - absolutly everthing I had in mind.

Seems like a fair amount of work involved - will get the grey matter bubbling and squeking a bit

gmas

its really nice that what u want just type it on google and find the desired,thanks to guys like u
:clap::clap:

http://www.nliteos.com/

For all your Windows slipstreaming / customizing needs, nLite is king.

Bâshrat the Sneaky (Wim Leers) and the folks over at DriverPacks.net have been providing a simple solution for ages.

The solution includes the DriverPacks integration software and the indivual packs for hardware support. They provide frequent updates with notification from the application itself.

DriverPacks Intro
DriverPacks Overview

Integrating all device drivers into the installation disc will result in a situation where a CD will not have the capacity to contain the files.

A DVD will be required to accommodate the new installation disc.

I forgot to mention that the ATI Control Panel also has several slipstream options.

[QUOTE=packetloss;2137506]http://www.nliteos.com/

For all your Windows slipstreaming / customizing needs, nLite is king.[/QUOTE]

This is a 2004 posting but I thing it’s still valid for 2008. My next question is I know of nlite for slipstreaming SP3 and post-SP3. What I like to do is with my sisters’ laptop that I updated with SP3 CD, I want to use rynvan post-SP3 to update to make the SP3 laptop most current? I been looking for a way to do this but haven’t found one? Does anyone know of how to do this or what software would do this correctly? It’s like it has SP3 on it already but I want to use the Ryvanm post-sp3 and make it current???

Can you tell me what “Ryvanm post-sp3” is, please? I tried Google, but nothing has been found.

If you mean including the updates that were released by Microsoft after Windows XP SP3, you can do that with nLite for sure.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2137663]This is a 2004 posting but I thing it’s still valid for 2008. My next question is I know of nlite for slipstreaming SP3 and post-SP3. What I like to do is with my sisters’ laptop that I updated with SP3 CD, I want to use rynvan post-SP3 to update to make the SP3 laptop most current? I been looking for a way to do this but haven’t found one? Does anyone know of how to do this or what software would do this correctly? It’s like it has SP3 on it already but I want to use the Ryvanm post-sp3 and make it current???[/QUOTE]

[B]Ryan VanderMeulen’s[/B] update packs are intended to be integrated using the [B]RyanVM Integrator[/B]. The [B]Windows XP Post-SP3 Update Pack v1.0.1[/B] is integrated with the latest version of the integrator, v1.5.3.

The [B]RyanVM Integrator[/B] was created by [B]Siginet[/B] of Siginet Software and can be downloaded from the provided link.

[B]Do not do an integration over a previously-nLited installation source![/B]
This message appears in the Siginet Software manual.

I usually use the TACKtech slipstream instructions which can produce the desired results in a few easy steps. I simply use the original Windows XP CD (no Service Packs).

Slipstreaming Windows 2000, XP SP1/SP1a/SP2/SP3, Server 2003 SP1/SP2.

[B]@ packetloss[/B]

RyanVM update packs and others from the support community can be found at his web site.

RyanVM’s MSFN Files Page

The forums can also be accessed here as well as contributions from the community, such as switchless installers and other popular software integration solutions that can also be integrated using the RyanVM Integrator.

Thank you for the info Nemesys. Didn’t know that one yet, I just use the “manual” method with nLite (vLite) and the official MS patches (and device drivers).

The [B]official MS patches[/B] are what’s contained in the [B]Post SP3 update pack[/B].

The pack contains all Microsoft updates, hotfixes and patches released by Microsoft after the release of SP3.

[B]coolcolors[/B] and others like myself wish to integrate these into the installation CD/DVD to avoid confronting them after the installation of Windows.

You should give it a shot, it is extremely easy.

I also use the RyanVM Integrator to slipstream IE7/IE8 Beta, DirectX and all .NET Framework components.

I also employ the use of the [B]Windows Media Player 11 Slipstreamer[/B] to integrate WMP11 and all updates and hotfixes.

The following can also be integrated with the RyanVM Integrator.

Additonal Update Pack Addons
Update Pack Addons

Switchless Installers
Switchless Installer Releases