Slimline DVD Burner External Enclosure

vbimport

Anyone know where to find an external enclosure for a slimline burner? Preferably USB powered. Thanks.

Convert any Slim Optical Drive: DVD/CD-ROM; CD/DVD-R/-RW CD/DVD+R+RW
into a portable USB2.0 drive:

http://www.bestsonic.com/slexenusinbu.html

I’ve not bought one yet as I’m in the UK but hope to.
Cheers,
Andy
http://www.megalithic.co.uk

Thanks for the reply. I ended up getting a LiteOn SDW-200X on ebay cause it was so cheap. It works good, but needs to be plugged into the wall. I tried to get a USB power cable to see if I could power it that way. The voltage was the same, but the plug was the wrong size.

Thanks.

Availability: Usually ships the same business day.
BS-SlimEEUSB2.0padRegular price: $89.00padSale price: $69.00padQty: pad

* Convert any Slim Optical Drive: DVD/CD-ROM; CD/DVD-R/-RW CD/DVD+R+RW into a portable USB2.0 drive
* Supports Win98, 98SE, ME, 2K, XP, MAC 9.x or higher
* Transfer data up to 480 Mbps with USB2.0
* Hot-swap, hot plug capability; daisy chain-able without ID or termination
* No AC adapter or external power source required 

No Power Adapter Needed - Implemented with the latest advanced technology in battery power, the Slim Optical Drive Enclosure (EUS-B), with the Lithium-Ion rechargable battery, will intelligently and transparently recharge without any intervention.

High Compatibility Enclosure - Any Slim (NoteBook) Optical Drive CD/DVD-ROM, CDRW, DVD-RW can be easily, quickly, and reliably converted into a Hot Plug Portable External USB2.0 Drive with the Slim Optical Drive Enclosure. It can be used in Win98, 98SE, ME, 2000, XP and MAC 9.x or higher

Portable External Drive - Not much bigger than a typical Slim Optical drive itself, the Slim Optical Enclosure is the best solution for individuals traveling abroad. With a simple plug-in to a USB port, Read or Write to and from optical media will be a breeze.

Specification

* Operating Temperature: 0o C to 50o C
* Operating Humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing
* Dimension: System Requirements 16.8(L)cm x 14.0(W)cm x 2.3(H)cm
* IDE Peripherals: Slim Optical Storage Drive CD/DVD-ROM; R, RW devices
* Operating System: Win98, 98SE, ME, 2K, XP; MAC 9.x or higher
* IDE Interface: ATAPI/ATA-66 to USB2.0
* USB2.0 Interface: Ali: USB2.0 EHCI based USB 2.0 compliant solution transfer rate up to 12, 200, 480 Mbps,
* Connectors: Power Connector x 1, 4-pin USB connector x 1, Head Phone (Line Out) - Audio connector x 1, Power On/Off switch x 1
* Power Requirement: External Universal AC Adapter 5VCD @ 1.5A; 12VDC @ 1.5A (Optional).Built-in Lithium-Ion Rechargable battery (included) 

Seems to me too expensive though. Such a device should cost US$10 or US$20 when produced in volume.