Slimline case size

Hi Folks…

Sorry if this sounds a stupid question but are all slimline jewel cases a standard size?

Our school has decided to put on sale the dvd of the concert they held for our 75th anniversary.

They are going to get the glossy concert brochure rejigged by the printing company to fit into slimline cases but as usual I don’t have a mountain of blanks at the moment and they are coming down on Monday to secure the deal to do it.

I have one or two slimline cases lying about but was unsure if they were a standard size so that if they do the artwork up for the sample I have it will still fit the new slimline jewel cases when I get around to ordering them. I think I need approx 600.

You see why asking the question :confused:

Declan

Yes, the size is standard for slim cases.

It’s actually not a stupid question at all.

They are not all the same. Slim line comes in 5.2mm and 7mm and although the are the same shape the insert needs to be smaller for the 5.2mm (shorter). I think most of us use the 5.2mm slim case but there are different sizes out in packaging land.

The 7mm looks more like a standard case except it has no tray and it would be possible to stick a modified J-card in unlike the 5.2mm version

[QUOTE=dpbarry;2283491]Hi Folks…

Sorry if this sounds a stupid question but are all slimline jewel cases a standard size?

Our school has decided to put on sale the dvd of the concert they held for our 75th anniversary.

They are going to get the glossy concert brochure rejigged by the printing company to fit into slimline cases but as usual I don’t have a mountain of blanks at the moment and they are coming down on Monday to secure the deal to do it.

I have one or two slimline cases lying about but was unsure if they were a standard size so that if they do the artwork up for the sample I have it will still fit the new slimline jewel cases when I get around to ordering them. I think I need approx 600.

You see why asking the question :confused:

Declan[/QUOTE]

also to add… the plastic “unbreakable” cases are a tad shorter in height. if you have a paper cutter, that wont be a prob…