* Recently I purchased two slim optical drives for use in desktops.
* Both drives are: 12.7mm DVD RW Drives
* Drive A: Samsung SN-208DB
* Drive B: Sony AD-7700S
* I noticed several variances in cables/adapters and need a little help.
* What follows is a list of what I've found, with questions at the bottom.
Slim SATA to Full SATA Adapter: (Photo attached)
* Has two wires, Arranged: black, red (ground, 5v)
Slim SATA Extensions: (Photo's attached)
* In this category there are multiple configurations.
* Type 1: Four Wires: Arranged: black, yellow, red, black (ground, 5v, 12v, ground)
* Type 2: Four Wires: Arranged: black, black, yellow, red (ground, ground, 5v, 12v)
StarTech Adapter: SLSATAADAP: (Photo Attached)
* It's one molded piece; no idea what pins are connected to what.
1) Slim SATA to full SATA adapter: Will this work for both drives, and for slim SATA drives in general?
2) Slim SATA extensions: Will either cable work for both drives, and for slim SATA drives in general?
3) For the one piece molded StarTech adapter: Does this (a) pass all the SATA power pins through, (b) will it work for my drives, and (c) slim SATA drives in general?