Slash sugar intake

Personally I don’t drink a lot of coke or other big sugar injection food/drinks, but I know people who drink about a bottle a day of coke. According to an article on CNN we should get less sugar a day, excerise more and eat less fat.

The experts say heart disease, diabetes and other diseases that can be caused by poor diet and lack of exercise are no longer just the preserve of the Western world.

The report underlines what doctors have been saying for years – that along with regular exercise, a diet low in fatty, sugary and salty food is key to staying healthy.

Personnaly I do watch what I eat, but I’m not very strict, what about you ?

Originally posted by DoMiN8ToR
[B]Personally I don’t drink a lot of coke or other big sugar injection food/drinks, but I know people who drink about a bottle a day of coke. According to an article on CNN we should get less sugar a day, excerise more and eat less fat.

Personnaly I do watch what I eat, but I’m not very strict, what about you ? [/B]

I try to be strict, but often this goes wrong. Around 0:00 I tend to get hungry and since I stay up mostly until about 2 AM it’s hard not te eat.

Besides that, I often got visitors. Besides my girl, who’s always here when she’s not at work, I’ve got some friend that can eat really well. So every once in a while, we visit our local Pizza/Fries resturant ;). Problem is that they don’t grow fat, but I do.

So I try to eat less but that’s not really working. I try to get as much excercise as possible (I cycle about 150km a week and I’m going back to fitness this month) but due to my job (office, 5 days a week) this is kinda low…

I eat what I want and when I want, and the only reason to change that would be if I started to become fat.

According to an article on CNN we should get less sugar a day, excerise more and eat less fat.

Ground breaking news.:rolleyes:

Personally I find my biggest problem is motivation-I eat what I want but lack the will power to get up and do something about it.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not one of those guys who eats whatever he wants and then immediately feels guilty about doing so. But I eat well and that includes probably more than my share of sugar. Another problem I run into is that I work in a factory and after a days work the last thing I am thinking about is exercise (LOL-:bigsmile: )I’m in my early 30’s and just starting to realize that my metabolism is slowing and pretty soon I will have a big problem on my hands unless I do something. Well, I’ve rambled on long enough(probably should’ve put a max word amount on this thread-Ha Ha)Let me close by saying that while I may blow up like a balloon, I’ll never be that guy suing McDonald’s for my obesity.:slight_smile:

a bottle as in a liter? a 2 liter? curious…

I only eat when i’m hungry or if it tastes real good.

I’m not spoiling my body … i’m letting it enjoy :bigsmile:

2 meals a day, lurch being the larger load, and strictly filtered water, rarely soda. Corona Extra once a while. Noticed I said filtered, not bottled. Cycle a few times a week for about an hour, down hill first, then up hill.

I drink about a lt of coke a day, and i mostly eat junk food. I also drink 3-4 coffees a day and when i go out i usually put my liver on the test everysingle time…

… but i only do it for research reasons … wanna see how my patients that have all these harmful, unhealthy habbits actually feel :bigsmile:

I eat what i want when i want, I drink about 2 litres of coke or pepsi a day and smoke from the time i get up to the time i go to sleep.

originally posted by Hemispasm
… but i only do it for research reasons … wanna see how my patients that have all these harmful, unhealthy habbits actually feel

haha

I drink about 60 FL (~ 1 3/4 Liters) of a mixture of Barq’s root beer and Diet Code-Red Mountain Dew every day, but get a lot of exercise, so it kind of balances out.

a diet low in fatty, sugary and salty food is key to staying healthy.

What a load of shit.

The key to staying healthy is eating properly, and sad to say but FAT is not a bad thing (if you eat the right kind: Poly/Mono Unsaturates).

But yea, I’m sure the people getting 800-1000 kcal a day from coke and the rest, aren’t doing their pancreas any favors.

http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?colID=1&articleID=0007C5B6-7152-1DF6-9733809EC588EEDF

Being a student, it’s my duty to eat and live unhealthy, I guess :slight_smile:

waking up at 11-12 o’clock
“breakfast” with coke + donuts or pizza
potato-chips/candy/icecream/… at 16h
junkfood at 19-21h
going out from 23h-2h
french fries at 2h
back to the party 'till 4h
kebap at 4h
closing the party at 5-6h
loads of beer inbetween

This used to be my deal 3-4 days/week, for 3 years.

Now I’ve let go of the beer :slight_smile:

During the past few years, I changed from 67kg to 70kg (1m82)