Sky Tv In France

Hello,

I live in France and would like to have SKy TV, how do I go about it, if i get the digibox through someone living in the Uk, what happens when shy goes digital, I think someone asked a similar question but the digital part was not answered. I also read somewhere you don’t need to hook the digibox to a phone is this true…

Hello, welcome to CDF :slight_smile:

Let’s move this to our Satellite, Terrestrial, Cable, IP and Mobile Television forum, where you can get more help :slight_smile:

Edit:…done.

if it’s for the free to air channels phone up sky and for about £20 they’ll give you a sky card for those channels only (like freeview)

best bet would be to give sky a phone and ask them what your options are

Is it a good idea to buy a digibox from ebay, and what happens if it doesn’t work

[QUOTE=bigoudi22;1977721]Hello,

I live in France and would like to have SKy TV, how do I go about it, if i get the digibox through someone living in the Uk, [B]what happens when shy goes digital[/B], I think someone asked a similar question but the digital part was not answered. I also read somewhere you don’t need to hook the digibox to a phone is this true…[/QUOTE]

SKY is digital!
You get the Digibox from an UK resident, then also get the subscription/NDS Smartcard the same way.

From what I read around, you can get Sky installed without a phone line with something like a £25 surcharge for the standard Sky box with a new subscription with installation. Sky+ and Sky HD both require a permanent phone line connection going by their contract, but from reading around, it is not strictly enforced and read about people even activating their boxes successfully without them ever being connected to a phone line.

Going by experience from people I know who have Sky, some have received letters from Sky asking them to plug in their Sky box once left unplugged for a month or two, but no one has had any other issues or threats from Sky. However, the only ones I heard about getting legal threats from Sky were those with multi-room viewing failing to leave them connected to the phone line, but this is understandable since Sky closely guards these to ensure all boxes part of the multi-room subscription remain in the same building.

It would be worth getting someone in the UK to ask Sky if they can get the dish and Digibox without installation, as this way it would save having to get the equipment installed only to be removed later. Alternatively, you can get a Sky Digibox 2nd hand or from eBay and have someone in the UK order a Sky subscription for it. All they will neeed is the box’s serial number and box type (Sky, Sky+, HD, etc.) to provide to Sky.

:slight_smile: Many thanks to you all for replying…