Six strikes "Anti-Piracy" system starts in the US

vbimport

I just posted the article Six strikes “Anti-Piracy” system starts in the US.

[quote][/quote]

Click to read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/six-strikes-anti-piracy-system-starts-in-the-us-66299/](http://www.myce.com/news/six-strikes-anti-piracy-system-starts-in-the-us-66299/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Well at least you have 30 chances before internet is completely cut off. Then get you wife to subscribe. There’s another 30.

I think I’ll start giving a full name to our dog, and maybe adopt a few more. Let’s hope Starbucks Surveillance doesn’t start doing Face-Recognition Software before granting access to IPs OR coffee refills. “Sorry - you’re had 6 strikes using that face, and no more java either.”

Anyone know where I can get one of those Prez Nixon facemasks like Patrick Swayze wore? Get the LBJ one, maybe an Alfred E Newman one, too. That’s another set of Face-Recog strikes. Those DO come with straw-holes, I hope.

[QUOTE=ChristineBCW;2678781]I think I’ll start giving a full name to our dog, and maybe adopt a few more. Let’s hope Starbucks Surveillance doesn’t start doing Face-Recognition Software before granting access to IPs OR coffee refills. “Sorry - you’re had 6 strikes using that face, and no more java either.”

Anyone know where I can get one of those Prez Nixon facemasks like Patrick Swayze wore? Get the LBJ one, maybe an Alfred E Newman one, too. That’s another set of Face-Recog strikes. Those DO come with straw-holes, I hope.[/QUOTE]That made me LMFAO a good reply…:clap::clap:

So glad I live in the free country of Canada and not the Nazi regime of the USA. No wonder nobody wants to play with you guys anymore.

Duke - watch it! We’re comin’ to git ya! You won’t be free long - Exxon is gonna buy up that pipeline, Sony’s going to own all the video and audio rights associated and you’ll be swingin’ in the DRM wind! “Pay us now AND pay us later…” Kamloops has already fallen, I understand. The YT only one or two thaw’s away!

What will the Newfies say then?

[QUOTE=ChristineBCW;2678829]What will the Newfies say then?[/QUOTE]

They’ll probably say, “What’s for supper?”

I fear that one day you may be right and our government will bow to the demands of big business or the US government. We’ll be forced to pay for our illegally downloaded copies of “Battleship”. It will be a sad day, indeed.

Duke, on the other hand, paying for both of those downloads might not be too bad.

Heck, I’m sure that poor user can claim dementia or “I called the wrong number!” or “My worst enemy hacked my accounts and forced me to take those two copies onto my C: Drive as my ultimate punishment!”

I mean, take it to World Court - who could honestly claim “sane, sound mind” after getting BATTLESHIP downloaded not once but twice?!!

“The sun was in my eyes!”

“The dog was attacking the baby and I thought I clicked on NO DON’T DOWNLOAD, but I guess, when the house caught fire and the ceiling caved in, maybe chunks fell on the keyboards and pressed YES instead!”

Or, maybe take the easy way out - give enough money to Texas’ pretty boy guv, go out drunk driving and commit hit-and-run murder, and you’ll be freed on probation until the Guv issues a full pardon! No problem at all.

I think I’d just pay for those two BATTLESHIP downloads instead. What’s that - 99-cents Canadian each? Ugh - still a rip-off - gotta agree.

The sad thing is that their tracker can be easily defeated by using a VPN service. So all its going to do is drive people to subscribe to VPN services.
Or download from local coffee store and other public free wifi spots.

The Movie industry is following down the same dead end path that the music industry went down a decade ago. Evidently they never read Santayana.

LMAF

How many strikes do the China hackers get?

[QUOTE=rontheripper;2678884]LMAF

How many strikes do the China hackers get?[/QUOTE]

They get ONE. A Counter-Strike :wink:

[QUOTE=DukeNukem;2678828]So glad I live in the free country of Canada and not the Nazi regime of the USA. No wonder nobody wants to play with you guys anymore.[/QUOTE]

Free?, but you can’t get a gun at Wal-Mart there right? haha. On a serious note, I thought Canada brought in some tough copyright laws in the last few years?

Perhaps they tried too, but then they met a men with a ninja mask, who “politely asked” them not to do so. Then, when they said no, his sword “accidentally” fell and cut them open. Oops.

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’ll be getting my shotgun. By tomorrow, the ISP’s will “forget” about this six-strikes crap, and give us back our freedom.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

[QUOTE=FreqNasty_RiseS;2678964]Free?, but you can’t get a gun at Wal-Mart there right? haha. On a serious note, I thought Canada brought in some tough copyright laws in the last few years?[/QUOTE]

The government keeps trying, but it keeps getting shot down for different reasons (privacy rights, freedom of speech/expression, freedom to do whatever you want with the stuff you buy, etc). We think for ourselves up here, unless it involves naked women. Then we let other stuff do the thinking. See what I just did there? HA!

Here’s a good laugh about the use of trying to thwart pirates…
Muppets are always good for some cheap (or free) laughs…

It almost seems tailor made for the forcing of TPB out of Sweden and 6 strikes beginning…

Here in Canada as you know downloading movies is quite legal.
I have so many that I don’t burn them any longer, I just drag them on my external HD and onto a flash card as I need them. Let us hope the big companies don’t win their court battles here. What would I do?
macbass