Site mess with IE7/IE8

vbimport

The new MyCE site has a very bad start for me due to annoying bugs occuring both using IE7 and IE8, scripts and activex are off:

• the log on space is blocked by a grey window in the upper right, so I can not log on the usual way. Instead I have to click on a user name so a page opens asking for my user name
  • I have to login again after each IE restart
  • I have to login after 10-20 minutes idle time

The Login/Logout problems do not occur when using Chrome.

Correction: Chrome also suffers the auto logoff problem :frowning:

I can’t even log on, had to hit reply in this thread to enter my user name & password. FF & IE8.

The post reply buttons don’t show on IE8 with Win7 x64 Ultimate. This is the 32 bit IE not the 64 bit. The 64 bit IE8 shows the post reply buttons.

i have the same issue with the grey all categories box covering the login with ff…but to login i just redirect my login to here…no box now

:smiley:

have no issues on this xp machine with ie8

Most of the time I get just a blank white screen on the home page. When I do get the home page there is a Sprint ad where the sign on is located.

I had those exact same things happen night before last but all is fine now in IE8 and Firefox 3.54.:wink:

With IE8 I still have the all categories box open, blocking the login field and need not login again when restarting IE8.
Chrome stays logged in in the mean time, I had to login several times yesterday.

I still have to login every time I revisit the forum after a while of inactivity. Using IE8.

I compensate by visiting less often. :cool:

i have these issues mostly on my windows 7 64 pc…this xp pc does fine

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2460232]I still have to login every time I revisit the forum after a while of inactivity. Using IE8.

I compensate by visiting less often. :cool:[/QUOTE]
But they are [I]Quality [/I]visits, I’m sure…:flower:

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2460351]But they are [I]Quality [/I]visits, I’m sure…:flower:[/QUOTE] Hehehe… you be the judge of that! :bigsmile:

Yo-

I switched from IE6 to IE8 a few weeks ago - no problems with myce/cdf site so far - once you find how to log in (you guys should work on that - like a Bold Red “[B]Registered Users Log In Here[/B]” in the upper right hand corner of the welcome page-eh!!) :iagree:

We fixed a lot of stuff the last days, so hopefully this is improved as well. To increase performance we are caching certain pages now, but we found a bug in the caching script. It seemed if you were logged out, but in fact you were still logged in, you just got a cached version of a page.

For the category menu op top to disappear, you have to have javascript enabled. It should automatically hide all the options, so you can login normally.

[QUOTE=MP|3;2460542]We fixed a lot of stuff the last days, so hopefully this is improved as well. To increase performance we are caching certain pages now, but we found a bug in the caching script. It seemed if you were logged out, but in fact you were still logged in, you just got a cached version of a page.
[/QUOTE]
The site still requires a new login after restarting IE7.

[QUOTE=MP|3;2460542]For the category menu op top to disappear, you have to have javascript enabled. It should automatically hide all the options, so you can login normally.[/QUOTE]
The need to enable javascript to be able to login normally is a very bad idea. I disabled javascript for cdfreaks a while ago after a user manged to make a post that automatically started an external file in windows media player when visiting a thread.
For testing I already enabled javascript for *.myce.com before and it did not remove the category window.

The need to login after IE restart and the auto logoff problem are quite annoying. Currently the only workarounds are using a different browser or not visiting myce.com at all. I hope you can solve these problems.

[QUOTE=ala42;2460806]I disabled javascript for cdfreaks a while ago after a user manged to make a post that automatically started an external file in windows media player when visiting a thread.[/QUOTE]
While I don’t intend to change your mind about enabling javascript for this site, vulnerabilities from users trying to add javascript should not occur again as the HTML script tag is not allowed anymore.

[QUOTE=ala42;2460606]The site still requires a new login after restarting IE7.[/QUOTE]

I am so much wondering what you are doing what I don’t do. I never have to login in my IE7, and others also report that it’s working fine. :confused:

I’d like to solve it, but I have no idea where to start :flower: Which OS are you using? Are you logging in through www.myce.com/login ? Do you have cookies enabled?

I use IE7 in the office and IE8 at home, both PCs running XP SP3, latest service packs. Javascript and ActiveX are disabled, cookies are enabled. The problem started on both after the MyCE change, no problem before on both PCs.

[QUOTE=MP|3;2460889]Are you logging in through www.myce.com/login ?[/QUOTE]
No. As the All Categories window blocks this link when javascript is disabled, I clicked on a user name like http://club.myce.com/member.php?u=2856 and got to a page requesting my user name and password. This page does not seem to set the cookies correctly after a successful login, as I have to login again after a IE restart.
When logging in using www.myce.com/login the problem does not occur.