Sinistar Unleashed

ok i tried the laserlock settings on my liteon 163 dvd rom and burned with my 241040b liteon burner with no luck at all .i did find this txt file maybe someone can make sence of it
How to make a 1:1 backup of Sinistar Unleashed (English 1.0) CD:

What you need:

-80 min recordable cd
-CDRWIN software
-A cd reader/writer capable of reading errors (usually cd writers are more accurate in reading errors)
-About 2x700 MB of free hard space (we’ll see why you need all this space…)
-Concat.exe software (simply do any FTP search and you’ll easily find it)

A little info about the cd layout:

We’ve got two mode 1 data tracks (no.1 and 3) and an empty audio track (no.2):

Track — Start sector — End sector — Lenght (min:sec) — Type

#1__________000000__________348778________77:30________________MODE1/2352

#2__________348779__________349528________00:10________________AUDIO

#3__________349529__________350702________00:15________________MODE1/2352

OK,let’s do it!

Create a folder named “Sinistar” on your HD or any partition (I’m using F: as default):this will be indicated as X: from now on.
Start CDRWIN (3.4 or higher-I’m using 3.7E) and select the “Extract Disk/Track/Sectors” icon from the menu.
Configure all settings as shown in the image attached to this document (obviously you’ll have to choose YOUR cd device which you want to read from and specify the folder where you want to write image files).
We’ll have to create 3 binary files for the first track beacuse it’s got some unreadable sectors.

First part (first track):

Enter the following sector numbers:

START=000000____________END=012500

(these sectors are purposely filled with errors and must be read as accurately as possible)

Enter X:\Sinistar rack1a.bin as “Image Filename” (where X: is the partition of your hard drive you’ve created Sinistar folder into).

Click on START.

WARNING: this procedure takes more than 5 hours with my Yamaha CDR!

Second part (first track):

START=012501____________END=348628

(these sectors are completely readable)

Enter X:\Sinistar rack1b.bin as “Image Filename” (where X: is the partition of your hard drive you’ve created Sinistar folder into).

Click on START.

Third part (first track):

START=349529____________END=349678 (in fact it is 349529+149)

(these sectors actually belong to track #3 but in this case they are used to replace 149 unreadable sectors of the first track postgap)

Enter X:\Sinistar rack1c.bin as “Image Filename” (where X: is the partition of your hard drive you’ve created Sinistar folder into).

Click on START.

Fourth part (second and third track):

Extract the audio track (#2) with any cd ripper software (for example CD-DA Extractor) or directly
from CDRWIN (using “Select Tracks” as “Extract Mode” and choosing “Automatic” as “File Format”).
This track must be named Track2.wav and must be placed in the same folder as above (X:\Sinistar).

Extract track #3 entering the following sectors (remeber to go back to the settings described at the beginnig of this article if you have used CDRWIN to extract the audio track):

START=349529____________END=350702

(these sectors are completely readable)

Enter X:\Sinistar rack3.bin as “Image Filename” (where X: is the partition of your hard drive you’ve created Sinistar folder into).

OK!Now the X:\Sinistar folder should contain the following files:

-Track1a.bin
-Track1b.bin
-Track1c.bin
-Track2.wav
-Track3.bin

Install CONCAT utility and merge the first three files in the same order (read concat.exe instructions to know how to do this) in a new file named X:\Sinistar\Track1.bin (this is why you need so much hard drive space…).

After you’ve succesfully merged the files you can delete all of the Track1x.bin files (x is 1,2,3).

All you have to do now is to burn the 80 min cd using CDRWIN (“Record Disk” option in the first menu)
and the .cue file attached to this document (simply click on “Load CueSheet…” and load the Sinistar.cue file).

WARNING: In my Sinistar.cue cuesheet file you’ll notice that image files are supposed to be in the F:\Sinistar\ folder.If this is not your case,simply load the cuesheet file with any text editor (notepad,for example) and replace “F:” with “X:” (where X: is the partition of your hard drive you’ve created Sinistar folder into).Then save your changes to the .cue file without modifying the .cue file extension.

Click on “Start Recording” then confirm you want to write more than 74 mins and YOU’RE DONE!!!

This backup method doesn’t need no further patch in order to work.

NOTE : You are legally allowed to make a backup copy of your original Sinistar cd,but you ABSOLUTELY must not sell it or redistribute it!!!
Please remember I’m not responsible for any loss of data on your hard drive…hey man,if you’ve messed up it’s not my fault!!!

what is the original protection of the game???

Its sims unleashed BUT i found it on megagames as one of there cracks nice crack huh if it works for someone can you post it if not lets just remove the post

I know what game it is, but what protection does it have

AND it is not allowed to talk about cracks or post them.
On this forum we try to backup protected games without cracks

its sd2.8 this was posted on another thread but pulled there and placed as its own. im not posting cracks i never have or will but it was instructions on how to copy the game. so i figured some person could look at this that know way more than i do and get something out of it.

sd2.8???

I bought this game like a year and a half ago…how could it be SD2.8? besides that, I couldn’t even get it working (something with the controls…all I could do was rotate no matter how I configured the input). I vote it’s not worth backing up

ooops sorry i JUST rechecked it i though it was SINISTAR the cracker telling peole how to copy unleased that was my fault didnt know it was a game called that please delete this post