Single Session greyed out: Plextools v1.20 on PX-S2410TU

vbimport

Hi,

Anyone know why the single session option is greyed out in Plextools v1.20a?

I am using a PXS2410TU drive on firmware v1.00 - but this particular drive has no firmware upgrades on the Plextor site that I could download.

Help!!:slight_smile:

The Single Session option doesn’t work for the PX-S2410TU drive (and not only in PlexTools 1.20A). We also mentioned this in our review of the drive:

This behaviour was expected since we saw the same thing with the Plextor PX-W4824TU drive. Unfortunately the PlexTools software does not support ‘Single Session’ option for the external PX-S2410TU drive. With this option enabled we were able to read the CDS200 disc with the mentioned PX-W4824TU drive but since the option does not work for the PX-S2410TU drive we were unable to extract the audio tracks.
I don’t know the exact reason why the option doesn’t work for your drive. It has nothing to do with the fact that it’s an external drive but it could be due to the fact that the drive is based on a TEAC recorder. I’m guessing here though.

I’m sorry but I don’t think there is a sollution.

I can’t see one - but do Plextor do any drives that I could use ‘externally’?

My issue is that I am on a laptop and therefore don’t have IDE handy - I guess I could mount a drive in an enclosure and get a PCMCIA to IDE card or somthing like that?

Or is there any othe manufacturer that does external drives that can be set to only see the first single session?

Many thanks!

Julian

The external Plextor PX-W4824TU and PX-W4012TU both support the single session option in PlexTools but they’re quite a bit larger and heavier than your PX-S2410TU drive. I don’t know if that’s a problem?