Single/Duel layer

Hey sorry if this is a really stupid question have looked through pages of threads and the tutorial but i am still none the wiser

Have installed platinum dvdfab payed all fine! i can copy discs on to my pc no probs but whenever i try to burn anything either full disc or write data an error message keeps coming up after detecting writeable data in fdrive saying please insert double layer media to start write process!!

I am using aspire7720G laptop with a toshiba dvd/w HD ts-L802A ATA device that is built in and i am using verbatuim dvd-+R discs that copy fine in other pc any ideas where I am going wrong xx THANKYOU :sad:

[QUOTE=hkm777;2210376]Hey sorry if this is a really stupid question have looked through pages of threads and the tutorial but i am still none the wiser

Have installed platinum dvdfab payed all fine! i can copy discs on to my pc no probs but whenever i try to burn anything either full disc or write data an error message keeps coming up after detecting writeable data in fdrive saying please insert double layer media to start write process!!

I am using aspire7720G laptop with a toshiba dvd/w HD ts-L802A ATA device that is built in and i am using verbatuim dvd-+R discs that copy fine in other pc any ideas where I am going wrong xx THANKYOU :sad:[/QUOTE]
Hi hkm777 and welcome,

No not a stupid question at all and hopefully, it’s just a minor configuration issue.
Make certain that you have selected DVD5 at the bottom of the Fab screen.
You will also see a Quality _ % which indicates the amount of compression.
If you were to select DVD9, then you would have to burn to a DL disc (DVD9) and in this case, the compression would be 100% (or none).

Here’s a screenshot to illustrate:

hi sorry still having issues I have a duel dvd rewriter and I downloaded DVD Identifier which came up with

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD-R:MCC 03RG20 ]

Disc & Book Type : [DVD-R] - [DVD-R]
Manufacturer Name : [Mitsubishi Chemical Corp.]
Manufacturer ID : [MCC 03RG20 ]
Blank Disc Capacity : [2,298,496 Sectors = 4.71 GB (4.38 GiB)]

[ DVD Identifier V5.2.0 - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

it hightlights also that the discs are duel layered

I am trying to copy my Prison Break DVD’s For my hubby to take away on long distant driving

I tried to change the settings to dvd5 and it attempted to burn before coming up with the error message Task_2 Failed Error = 101

after i copied the original disc on to my laptop i also tried to write the disc to the dvd but it then said to insert a compatibal disc

Sorry am just lost and confused xx

Hi again,

We’ll sort this out. I’m just on the forum sporadically right now…my wife and are trying to pack up the house and I’m down with a nasty bug, so my head’s a bit foggy.

Anyway, do the files playback ok when when viewed from the hdd?
How large is the file that you’re trying to burn?

The Verbatim -R media that you have are not dual layer. The media ID (MID), ie., [MCC 03RG20] is single layer and the capacity is 4.38 GB.

Episodic discs are often problematic.
If I were to burn to SL media in this instance, I would generally use customize mode (not customize split) and manually configure 2 SL discs so that I put 2 episodes on each disc respectively.

I have the first 2 years of this series and had no problem backing them up, but I did it with DL media.
If you choose to bkup to DL media, be certain to use [B]Verbatim +R DL [/B]media only…preferably MKM 001 (2.4-4X) and made in Singapore (MIS) as opposed to made in India (MII), although the MII stuff is better now

Another possibility is to have you switch to the Img burn engine, but I don’t want to make this too complicated for you.
Why don’t you try to copy just 2 episodes and burn them to one of your SL discs.
Again, use the Customize mode and just choose 2 episodes, no menu, nothing else, just 2 episodes with the audio track and subtitle if you wish
I would skip the menus and anything else

BTW, [I]Task_2 Failed Error = 101 [/I] indicates that there are no files in the folder you have selected as [B]Source[/B].
As I asked above, please check this and let us know the file size

Try what my good friend Maineman suggests–burn 2 episodes to the blank discs you have (which are indeed single layer) and see how that works. The TS-L802A is a HD-DVD drive that does not burn regular DVDs very well. The maximum write speed is 4X for -R or +R single layers discs, so don’t exceed that. You can change the burn speed in DVDFab Common Settings->Write. Access Common Settings by clicking on the checkmark in the green circle in the upper right hand corner of the DVDFab window.

THANYOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP

WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW I GET ON TOMORROW NEED A BREAK LOL OR WILL SMASH THE LAPTOP LOL!! xx