Sims Superstar_NO Success :(

vbimport

well i came up empty handed with Blindwrite with this protection…
The Sims Superstar SD 2.90.040
****Read w/ Plex 24/10/40a at 8x ***
****alt. read method CHECKED ****
nibble, adapt speed

****Wrote w/ Plex 24/10/40a at 12x***
     **** made two copies...one w/ and other w/out "enhance weak sectors"****
     ****DAO PW*****
     ****autoplay checked****

but i still got one last trick up my sleeve…
:cool:

The problem is with your burner.
Clone CD and EWS should do the trick for you.

nope clone wont do it…SD 2.90.040 scans for the CLONECD.exe and ALCOHOL.exe…uninstalled both of them and got my 4 coasters to work…

2 coasters w/ and the other 2 without “enhance weak sectors”

so make it known …

Originally posted by wakemonkeypimp
SD 2.90.040 scans for the CLONECD.exe and ALCOHOL.exe…uninstalled both of them and got my 4 coasters to work…

Maybe I have to uninstall Alcohol120% to get the Superstar backup to install and play perfectly with the disc. What happens with the game if I install Alcohol120% again?

the game probably wont work…so i would try uninstalling alcohol and/or clonecd…and see what happens

nevertheless…a simple renaming of the .exe might work…

trial and error

Originally posted by Dazzler
Maybe I have to uninstall Alcohol120% to get the Superstar backup to install and play perfectly with the disc. What happens with the game if I install Alcohol120% again?
You do not have to uninstall Alcohol.
Just ensure that “Ignore media Type” is disabled.

Originally posted by Macrovision
ATIP spoofer detection - SafeDisc checks whether a CD-R drive has a gold CD in it and fails to run the application if this is the case. Several copying programs such as Clone CD and Alcohol run a program to fool the checks that SafeDisc does, we have countered these
programs.

They are even telling you what they have done in the 2.9 patches.
Testing has showed that Alcohol’s virtual drive is not blacklisted in Safedisc 2.90.040. Ensure you have the latest version of Alcohol, and, make sure Ignore media Type is disabled. Any ATIP blocking utility will result in even the original CD not working. This applies to Clone CD’s Hide CDR media function too.

Just got The Sims: Superstar today. Backup made with Alcohol120% 1.4.3 build 518. Installed and plays fine with the backup CD. Turned off Ignore Media Type before even read and write procedures. Installed from and plays in the Tosh.

LiteOn LTR-48125W (FW VS0D)
Toshiba SD-M1612 (FW J808 (hacked))

To whom it may concern:

Read the discs at max in the Lity and wrote at 8x.

wakemonkeypimp,
You can make a backup of The Sims Superstar if you use Alcohol 120 1.4.3.518. Read the image with your Plexy using the Safedisc 2 datatype profile and burn RAO DAO using the Safedisc 2 datatype profile. If the write fails then switch datatype profile to custom and try again. I backed up The Sims Superstar with an LG GCE 0824b “1 sheep burner”. My backup plays in my burner like a charm!. Autorun MUST be enabled

Shoey :cool: