Sims Hot date

Hi, im new here, and i want to make a copy of my Sims hot date cd
i found out that it has Safedisc 2 as its copy protection.

i want to know if theres anything i can use to burn the cd and make a
copy of it.

if theres a program i can use to maybe get around the copy protection,

or get rid of it. and im not too good with this, so if u can explain

it using very simple language because im not too good with computers.

thank u

These sorts of posts do not belong in the Copy Protection List forum…

As for what to use to try backing up Sims Hot Date, you can use either BlindWrite, Alcohol120% or CloneCD
Guides can be found in the CD Backup Guides and Tutorials Forum

Use alcohol 120% - if you have any problems using the software just ask! :slight_smile:

Do you know what model of cd-burner you have…it helps to know when backing up safedisc. :iagree:

i think the simplist way would just to use clonecd 4.3/5 beta and make sure “Hide CD-R Media” is enabled. has worked perfectly everytime for me. blindwrite is not allways the best option as it “tags” the copies with something called “autoplay”, this means that blindwrite 5 (or the emulation thing) have to be installed for some gams to run.

this means that blindwrite 5 (or the emulation thing) have to be installed for some gams to run.

No it doesn’t mean this at all!!!

IF your hardware is capable of copying safedisc games, then autoplay will not be used, however IF your hardware cannot copy safedisc games, it will be there to help you and THEN only will you need an autoplay application.

@ everyone

Autoplay is not bad, it’s only there to help IF your hardware isn’t capable!

Autoplay is only needed on stand-alone pcs, so i dont think he will need it for his pc only.

hmmm… about autoplay i am confused, i have a drive that is perfectly capable of copying SD 2.9 without autoplay (either using a custom BW profile or with CloneCD/Alc120%) however when copied with blindwrite 5 it still “tagged” it so it would only play if blindwrite 5 was installed. are you saying that it automaticly detects if your hardware is capable? :confused:, ben

Ok, autoplay is only used if your cd-burner is incapable of backing up a disc correctly. As your drive can copy sd 2.9 correctly with BW5, even if you uninstall autoplay the backup will still work. If your hardware could not make a good enough backup by itself, autoplay would kick in to help the backup work correctly.

Yes!

Autoplay is only needed on stand-alone pcs, so i dont think he will need it for his pc only.

Again another wasted post! Autoplay will only “kick in” if a backup is not good enough

however when copied with blindwrite 5 it still “tagged” it so it would only play if blindwrite 5 was installed. are you saying that it automaticly detects if your hardware is capable

It will always be tagged with autoplay because you have chosen the “automatic” profile. It doesn’t however matter if it is or isn’t tagged because it all depends on your hardware.

Again another wasted post! Autoplay will only “kick in” if a backup is not good enough

I was only saying he wont need to install it if he has BW5 already installed.

You are confusing two things. Autoplay on the cd and the stand-alone autoplay application you can download off their main site.

Each cd that uses autoplay puts a trigger (flag) on the disc so that IF needs be autoplay from either BW itself or the stand-alone kicks in.

If however your software is capable BW will never see the flag, it’s still there, but not needed (hence not bad)

ok, what i dont understand is that if why my copies made with clonecd work in my other computer’s cd reader (this computer has NO copying software/autoplay drivers/emulation etc) fine, but when made with blindwrite 5 on automatic profile they give a .exe error when trying to play, however when i installed the free autoplay thing they worked fine.

It means you didn’t create a good enough copy to stop the trigger being sent. The automatic profile is great, but not perfect. If you are trying to copy a safedisc game you may need to lower the read speed. There are a lot of variables you lose control using the automatic profile, so i would suggest you use the tweaker but keep “tagged for autoplay” checked.

I for one know i can make backups of games “tagged with autoplay” that will run perfectly on any machine without emulation. It is simply there as a safeguard, if for some reason it will not play (ie on the computer using the disc, it only has writers)

thanks for explaining :slight_smile: i use clonecd tho for SafeDisk 2.9 and lower, then i know they work fine with only a ATIP hider or played in a reader, and use BlindWrite 5 (read/write at 8x with autoplay disabled) with my Plex Premium to copy SecuRom, i think it makes “1:1” copies of SecuRom 5 that dont need a ATIP hider. ben :slight_smile:

ps. i think that SecuRom 5 doesnt need a ATIP as i played a backup of Colin McRea 04 in my burner without any emulation on or even installed, SecuRom 4.8 needed a ATIP hider however

hi does anyone have the code on the back on the sims hot date CD caser? cause i misplaced mine…and cant find it can someone give it to me?

Nobody here will give you a serial for your game, you should contact the game publisher if you have lost yours.

Also posting requests for serials is against the Forum Rules , please read the rules before posting again.