Sims 2 protection

vbimport

ok, the sims 2 is coming out on friday and so i have pre-ordered my copy so i can get it then, but what i want to know is has anybody heard what protection it has, Doom III was identified as SafeDisk 3.2 like a week before it came out, and i really want to know what protection the Sims 2 has so i can buy any software/hardware needed to defeat it, thanks, ben :bow: :slight_smile:

because EA is the publisher i think it will be Safedisc 3.2 - EA used safedisc in nearly all of their releases… :wink:

dang… safedisk 3.2 is one i have never been able to make good copies of (only that work in my plex premium) :(, oh well i hear a new CloneCD may be able to do it :slight_smile:

yup, but it has not been cleared out if new cloneCD makes it without emulation-crap…

btw: for me backups of sd 3.2 protected games are no real problem - read with my toshiba drive using safedisc (standard, NOT 2/3) profile without the “skip read errors fast”-option enabled… ok, takes up to 6 hours to read (using 1x speed-setting) but it works… :slight_smile:

ok, but what burner did you use to make the copy?

read my signature to find out what ONLY burner i have… :wink:

plextor premium, fw 1.05

with alcohol…

oh ok, so do the copies work in all your drives? have you tried them anywhere else? tnx ben :slight_smile:

have you tried them anywhere else?

shhhhhht, quiet… :wink:

whispering yes, tried them on many drives… from new ones to 3 year old ones - i would say success rate is about 85%… :slight_smile: :iagree:

i do always play from my toshi, ok, protection check time is between 20 and 40 seconds (also on other drives) - BUT it works… :slight_smile:

ok… well so far i just read/write using safedisk 2/3 with plex, works in 2/6 of my drives, 5 second acces time, so i just put the mds/mdf image fileson the disk along with Alcohol 120% and then play it from the cd-image using the alcohol virtual drive, works in 100% of drives ;), but not as good as a 1:1

LOL
yeah, right… i personally don’t like v-drives… that’s because i don’t like anything that is used to emulate something…
but sometimes (espacially on lan-parties) also I do use v-drives because it is much better than carrying 20 cd’s with me… :wink:

so far (going shopping with my girlfriend now),

Raz

@ Razor1982
Just out of curiosity, what speed do you burn at and what brand media do you use?

Cheers

burn @ 4x speed;
on media: Verbatim DataLifePlus, Super AZO, Crystal, CD-R 48x, 700MB

disc-info from nero cd/dvd-speed (in german)

Manufacturer : Verbatim
Code : 97m34s23f
Disc Type : CD-R
Usage : General
Recording Layer : Dye Type 3: Long Strategy (Cyanine, AZO)
Recording Speed : n/a
Capacity : 79:59.73
703 MB
Additional Capacity : n/a
Overburn Capacity : nicht getestet

Cheers Razor1982

Preview from a multi-language edition:

“Signs on the cd/dvd indicate Safedisc 2”

Possibly a new version of sd3 that a-ray can’t detect? :confused: No confirmation that this info is accurate, but it’s all i could find. :slight_smile:

Out of interest, does anyone know if a version later than sd 3.20 might be on the cards anytime soon?

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=107807

you have to install it and make a folder-scan to identify the correct version number of sd… :wink:

Slightly off topic but there is or should be a CD and DVD version. Nothing about the DVD version is around in the UK but I know it is being release stateside.

hmmm… i am happy to be getting a CD version, as have had NO joy with copying SafeDisc 3.2 DVD’s (tried FarCry DVD, only way was to put image on dvd and play from there) at least SafeDisc 3.2 CD’s are copyable.

ben :slight_smile:

ps. last time i was reading about SafeDisc 3.2 DVD’s people where saying that there was no legal (without illegal cr@ck :cop: ) backup method full stop, has this changed, and if so using what software/hardware and does it need emulation? :slight_smile:

Game jackal works great with far cry dvd :wink:

cool, might try it, if i become a beta tester can i get a free license ;),

ps. i have alot of games with most protections and am willing to buy new ones to try to see if they work