Simple solution but Im a stupid person

I admit it I couldnt be any more of a newbie. :smiley:

So ye gods of audio stuff :bow: please can answer one question.

I have searched the forums for this topic however, I could not find a thread that was completely specific towards me, there were some that was close but not quite.

So here we go…

Im trying to write mp3 cds and sell them to friends (who of course already possess the original material!), in the past I have brought mp3 cds from people and they have been REALLY bad recordings. Quite often whole chunks of recording would be missed out.

The mp3 cds I am selling hold not music but audio books on them, so you can understand how annoying it is if even a minute of a story is missed out and this was what was happening when I brought the mp3 cds. I do not believe that this happened because the people I was buying the mp3 cds off had incomplete tracks.

Therefore I am anxious for this not to happen to me because there is no way that I can listen to about 20hrs of cd ever time I sell one to check they are find.

So do you could you tell me the possible reasons why the mp3 cds brought were regularly missing chuncks. I have come up with 3 theories myself :bigsmile: .

1. The people whom I brought the cds off were writting them at too higher speed in which case should I be writting my cds at a slower speed say X2 or X4.

2. In some audio books the tracks are very long (sometimes over an hour) could this cause problems in which case should I try and split up my tracks into smaller sections.

3. The tracks are being recorded onto cd at very low quality which results in jumps. As they are audio books they do not need high quality as it would take up too much hard drive space so the tracks can be as low as 32kbs but usually 64mps. In which case should I increase the quality of my recording.

I could really use your help. Thanks

Can Nobody Help Me!!!

Please somebody help me am i even in the right forum

Suggestion 1: Maybe. Use decent media and this problem basically disappears.
Suggestion 2: I doubt it. The CD player dosn’t care how long a track is.
Suggestion 3: Probably a good idea to inclease the bitrate. 32Kbps is pants.

My Suggestion: Take all of your original recordings and re-rip them using EAC and encode them with a bitrate of between 160-192Kbps. Making sure that you don’t give anyone and especially sell anyone something they don’t already have.

Try using Adobe Audition :slight_smile:

Who would buy something they already have anyway? Hmmmm…

LOL thats what i was thinking yesterday when i first read the post…

They are sold as back-ups, so that the customer can keep their original copies in perfect condition.

is it legal to sell copied music even if it is a backup?

Ther’s a fine line here, if he is being paid by the software purchaser to backup a CD for him, and him only, then I would suggest there is not a problem.

He would have a problem if he held onto any images or duplication of the CD for his own or anothers use.

PS: As I said before Adobe Audition is ideal for this.