Simple question: joining video files?

vbimport

I’ve used search. Virtualdub comes recommended but whenever I load up a file and go to append, the option is greyed out.

Help?

In this case set it to full processing mode…

Thanks - I’ve now been able to do it using TMPGEnc but I still have some files in MPG and WMV and VDub tells me that “ASF file are not supported”.

Also, I have a video file that is spilt into 8 and bizarrely the first 6 are WMV whilst the last 2 are MPEG. Has anyone any suggestions how I can convert WMV>MPEG or vice versa?

I’ve been searching the forum and Googling literally for hours for a free program for what I would have thought was a quite simple process. No luck.

WinFF or SUPER should be able to convert mpg to wmv for you, or the other way round for that matter. If you are going to combine them into one video, be aware they should be encoded with the same specifications—resolution, frame rate, same audio, etc.

“ASF file are not supported” due to licensing problems…

Kerry, cheers I’ll try it out.

chef - any suggestions for joining other file extensions given as VDub doesn’t want to play?

Thanks guys.

groovemeister wrote " Thanks - I’ve now been able to do it using TMPGEnc but I still have some files in MPG and WMV and VDub tells me that “ASF file are not supported”.
Try by converting ASF file to new WMV with WME…or as Kerry suggested use Super or better yet IMO, WinFF…

Thanks everyone - I’ve looked at both programs and have yet to try converting, however I have a plethora of videos in segments that are WMV - these programs don’t appear to join files only convert them.

I have a few niggly files that the convertion will come in handy for but the masses of WMV files I just need a simple joiner program.

I don’t run into .wmv files very often, but looking around at videohelp.com I found an editor/joiner program you might try called Movica. http://vani.bhargav.googlepages.com/movica

Haven’t used it myself, so you might post back here with some impressions.

Hey, Movica is just what I needed!

Simple, fast and free - thanks!

I’m now trying Super out on converting this file which is a different format to its partner. WinFF I found didn’t have that many output options. I’ll let you know how I get on…