Sim city 4 and Msi 48x Trying to make a back up with good back up software?

hey everyone ! I was wondering if there is a program that will backup Sim City 4 or use emulation ? I used Blind Read the newest version, and started getting read errors !!! at 1x min and 4x max! There was safedisk 2.8 with clonyXl newest version. I was looking for help on how to get it to read to a iso or what am i doing wrong ? i need to make a backup so i dont ruin the original !
i have a winXP with sp 1
asus p4b533-e intel 1.8/400mhz bus 256x2 2100 ddr
Msi 48x16x48 burner ! geforce 4600 128 msi
maxtor 60 gig hd ata 133
so i wonder what i need to do now ??? Clony doesnt help with clonecd so what other programs can i use to read it ? I get errors/
bad sectors trying to read it and it is a new disc ?

Safedisk protection depends on bad sectors, the errors are normal. Use discdump/fireburner. I think CloneCD will also make the image ok, but cannot write Safedisk 2.8 correctly so you could use a CCD image w/cue file and write with fireburner, or alcohol.

I have just made a fully working backup of SimCity 4 with no probs whatsoever. I used Alcohol 120% with safedisk 2 selected.
Use the Image making wizard and select safedisk 2 from the dropdown menu. Each disc takes about 50mins to burn to the HD and will show errors upto about block 10,000. I used 4x read speed as I don’t trust anything faster for Safedisc 2.8.
Once the Images have been burned use the Image burning wizard to burn the images to disc. Once again I only use a Max speed of 12x to write to disc for Safedisc 2.8[http://www.alcohol-soft.com].
I used a Toshiba GD2500 DVD-ROM to read the discs & a LITE-ON LTR48246S to write.
Hope this helps

Best wishes

Originally posted by BadReligionPR
Safedisk protection depends on bad sectors, the errors are normal. … I think CloneCD will also make the image ok, but cannot write Safedisk 2.8 correctly
nothing’s concrete…use an ASUS burner and it will work on an “Ignore” setting. Otherwise, follow the advice provided or use the “Emulate” option in CloneCD

I thank everyone on helping me with this ! I was wondering what is the diff between some 48x burners on the market ? like does
Plextor still the best over Msi 48 or Sony 48x? hmmm…
What does the burner HAVE to have on it to make backups ?

Originally posted by Thoromund
[B]I have just made a fully working backup of SimCity 4 with no probs whatsoever. I used Alcohol 120% with safedisk 2 selected.
Use the Image making wizard and select safedisk 2 from the dropdown menu. Each disc takes about 50mins to burn to the HD and will show errors upto about block 10,000. I used 4x read speed as I don’t trust anything faster for Safedisc 2.8.
Once the Images have been burned use the Image burning wizard to burn the images to disc. Once again I only use a Max speed of 12x to write to disc for Safedisc 2.8[http://www.alcohol-soft.com].
I used a Toshiba GD2500 DVD-ROM to read the discs & a LITE-ON LTR48246S to write.
Hope this helps

Best wishes [/B]

I’ve been having the same problem getting images from SafeDisk 2.8 disks on my MSI 52x24x52 drive, but didn’t wait for it to get through all the bad blocks. I guess I’ll try again.

Thanks for the tip…