"Silver" looking CDR's?

I have a couple of CDR’s that, with a quick glance, resemble production CD’s. However, a better look at the disc shows that there is a very light brown or yellow or yellow-brown tinting.

I know they are CDR’s because, although the one has a label covering the top of the CDR which normally contains the manu. name and media type the CD contains files from an AE firm that provided info. to repair the mechanical systems of a building, while the other one was purchased from a guy online with public domain info. on it that relates to a hobby of mine and it does have the manu. name (hypermedia) and media type (CDR) on the top of the CD.

Just out of curiosity, are these type of CDR’s as reliable as the majority of those sold (ie. those made in Taiwan & Mexico which seem to be common in the US)?

The ATIP info tells the story. They are possibly CMC-made, and pretty cheap media. If you have the appropriate software, you can read the info off the disc. CDSpeed, SmartBurn Media Checker, CDRIdentifier, and even Nero can tell you who made them.
No, they are probably not too reliable.

Originally posted by Saruman

I have a couple of CDR’s that, with a quick glance, resemble production CD’s. However, a better look at the disc shows that there is a very light brown or yellow or yellow-brown tinting.

In order to not speculate on this issue you’d need to define the CDR’s manufacturer using e.g. something of the following stuff :

Nero CD Speed -> Extra -> Disc Info

CDR Identifier V1.63 & Smart Burn Media Check