Silly Question?

Hi all.

I should like some opinions on the best choice for an inexpensive (read cheap) DVD burner that will work well with Alcohol 120% for the purpose of backing up Xbox and PS2 games 1:1 to DVD or CD-R.

Ta.:bow:

Nec 1300A ?

Originally posted by Mr. Belvedere
Nec 1300A ?

That one is cheap indeed (and I quite like it), but the Pioneer 106/A06 is available for about the same price, and IMHO, it’s a better drive…

i was actually looking up the prices of a few dvd burners for a friend, and on pricewatch, the lowest advertised price for the 1300A = $93 shipped, while the A06/106 = $111.

The Samsung is now AUD$199 so they have to be free in the US now :wink:

The Plex 708UF is still AUD$680, about 3x/4x US prices :frowning:

Originally posted by FutureProof
The Plex 708UF is still AUD$680, about 3x/4x US prices :frowning:

Typical. Plex anything is prohibitively priced downunder. :frowning:

@ philamber & Futureproof:

Have you guys looked on Ebay for a seller in the U.S. who sells brand new Plextor drives for less than U.S. retail prices and is willing to ship to Australia?

Originally posted by Mr. Belvedere
Nec 1300A ?

Ta for that. I did a little checking on the NEC 1300A and the specs look okay. The price is certainly right – found them as low as $94.00US w/ free ground shipping. As this unit will be used almost exclusively for making 1:1 backups of PS2 and Xbox titles I own, do you (or anyone else here) know of any problems that I might avoid by spending more for a different drive, or does the hardware matter all that much?

Cheers,

ece

Where, if I may ask?

Thanks

Originally posted by FutureProof
The Samsung is now AUD$199 so they have to be free in the US now :wink:

LOL. Lived in Canberra for a couple of years I used to have to calculate in my head the AU$ to “real money” maths… :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers,

ece

Originally posted by Truølßælder
[B]@ philamber & Futureproof:

Have you guys looked on Ebay for a seller in the U.S. who sells brand new Plextor drives for less than U.S. retail prices and is willing to ship to Australia? [/B]
Yes. But ebay is a bad taste in the mouth for many Aussies