*Sigh* Which Burner

Not much changed since the last time I asked this – I still don’t know much about burners. Someone suggested the Benq 1650/1655 and everyone went along with it. But NewEgg no longer has this product. I’m looking for a ~$30 good DVD+CD burner. What should I go for?

Edit: E-IDE , is that the same as IDE? Because on the website it doesn’t say that my motherboard (D865PERL) has e-ide, only IDE

Lite-On 160/165 series should be a safe choice.

160: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16827106014

165: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16827106017

Liteon, NEC, and LG should work for you. You can get a OEM version for a little less money and a 30 day money back guaranty (It also comes with a 1 year replacement from Newegg. I just found out last week).

IDE (E-IDE) and SATA are the two different interfaces.

Yo-

I concur that these are probably the two best all around drives available today-eh!

Alrighty, thanks. Now what will I need to connect it via ATAPI/EIDE?

An open IDE port and a UDMA/66 IDE cable (40 pin, 80 conductor).

Eide and ide are the same. eide is just the name for one of the older ide standards (I think the newest might be ultra ide) but there are all ide and are all foward/backward compatible. Anything new is going to be the latest standard so It is just a diffrence ion the terminology a particular company chose to use. for example, ide or ata, same thing.

Hey, I just read that the Lite-On 165 has digital rights management and doesn’t let you do/messes up some burns. Is there a good alternative that I could get?

Apparently there’s trouble with image burning with the 165…

Or I am just being overly nervous?

Yo extremepilot-

Hey - when you post something like this - give us a link so we can see the same info you have seen-eh!

As you can see below - I have both the 165H6s and 160P6s - and have absolutely no issues with burning whatsoever-eh!

cool, thanks! by the way, it was in the reviews. Theres about 300 and something of them, and there wasn’t really anything specific about image burning.