Sigh. I give up on Nero Vision

vbimport

I have Nero Vision and TV shows on DVD-DL. Doesn’t matter what media I use or burner I use, or version of Vision for that matter, sometimes the TV shows skip or the audio is completely off even though the AVI plays perfect. I’ve also tried reducing the burn speed, made it dual pass, created chapters, etc.

I have Vista Business, DC 3gHz, 3GB DDR-2 800 RAM, and various different DVD burners. No dice.

What the **** is the problem?

[quote=Matth3w;2043919]I have Nero Vision and TV shows on DVD-DL. Doesn’t matter what media I use or burner I use, or version of Vision for that matter, sometimes the TV shows skip or the audio is completely off even though the AVI plays perfect. I’ve also tried reducing the burn speed, made it dual pass, created chapters, etc.

I have Vista Business, DC 3gHz, 3GB DDR-2 800 RAM, and various different DVD burners. No dice.

What the **** is the problem?[/quote]
Have you tried ImgBurn? Other than that I would not know unless you posted your logs from the programs you are using. Also what blank media have you tried?

Is ImgBurn a program? I’ve tried Sony, Memorex, whatever I can get my hands on.

It’s a freeware program for burning to dvd and almost everyone will say it is the best to use. Also those media you are using are not that good you should pick up some verbatims wich you can find at almost all retail stores that sell blank media or get Taiyo Yuden’s which can only be ordered online.

I have zero problems with movies (usually). Only TV shows.

last time I tried to burn my saved movies from media center they did the same thing but I was using windows burning program. I have not had a problem with nero yet. Try again but have no prgrams running when you burn to dvd except the program you are using to burn and hopefully that will work. Also I not know much about burning avi to disc as I not try it just yet.

I already did all that. I have several computers I have tried it on. THe problem is clearly Nero.

I dumped Nero long ago in favor of ImgBurn…and the most recent updates only solidified that decision.

Give ImgBurn (freeware: donate if you dig) a shot.

And i agree with GJ…skip the unreliable blank media. Stick with Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim.

Matth3w
In your first post you say “the AVI plays perfect.” If you are starting with an AVI and converting to dvd format using Nero Vision, I suggest a different program.

FAVC will convert avi to dvd format for you. It is free to download and use. http://favcfavc.googlepages.com/ Use the HC encoder that is included with the program. You can set output to either a single layer dvd or dual layer as you prefer.

Make sure to install AviSynth and Net 2.0 if you need them—there are links to them at the FAVC homepage.

Then burn to disk using ImgBurn as others have suggested. You can also set up FAVC to burn automatically using ImgBurn.