Shuttle NC01U Mini PC Review

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following review: Shuttle NC01U Mini PC Review[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2015/11/image011-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]

Welcome to Myce’s review of the Shuttle NC01U Mini PC.

The NC01U is incredibly small - please read on to see how it performs.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/review/shuttle-nc01u-mini-pc-review-77738/](http://www.myce.com/review/shuttle-nc01u-mini-pc-review-77738/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Probably make a great HTPC even with the celeron in it and sounds like you can get other CPU’s for it. The Tablet makers have been selling some cool tiny PC boxes lately for pretty cheap and this one sounds like a better quality version with some minor upgrade options.
Now if it’s cheap enough as a full package or a bare bones deal I can add my own things to might be a worthwhile box to finally make a dedicated HTPC like I’ve been considering if extra money starts being available for toys again soon.

[QUOTE=Dartman;2763145]Probably make a great HTPC even with the celeron in it and sounds like you can get other CPU’s for it. The Tablet makers have been selling some cool tiny PC boxes lately for pretty cheap and this one sounds like a better quality version with some minor upgrade options.
Now if it’s cheap enough as a full package or a bare bones deal I can add my own things to might be a worthwhile box to finally make a dedicated HTPC like I’ve been considering if extra money starts being available for toys again soon.[/QUOTE]

It’s actually quite an interesting device and I’m sure the small size of it would indeed appeal to many for HTPC use.

[B]Wombler[/B]

weird they would put a SERIAL port on the thing!? huh?
also, price will make or break the deal… there are plenty of INTEL NUC’s on the market for $80 to $400 depending upon processor… (think i3, i5, i7)

These are nice HTPC solutions, but price is an issue… since it will overLAP with LAPTOP pricing which you could simply hookup to a tv too… AND use it as a standalone laptop. The sweet spot will be $250 and under with either the highest celeron’s or an i3/i5 processor plus memory and ssd or hdd inclusive bundles.

[QUOTE=tmc8080;2763434]weird they would put a SERIAL port on the thing!? huh?
also, price will make or break the deal… there are plenty of INTEL NUC’s on the market for $80 to $400 depending upon processor… (think i3, i5, i7)

These are nice HTPC solutions, but price is an issue… since it will overLAP with LAPTOP pricing which you could simply hookup to a tv too… AND use it as a standalone laptop. The sweet spot will be $250 and under with either the highest celeron’s or an i3/i5 processor plus memory and ssd or hdd inclusive bundles.[/QUOTE]

Hi tmc8080,

The serial port is just so that it remains attractive to a specific business market segment that uses devices requiring a serial port (such as for digital signatures).

I agree, Shuttle faces strong competition but I do believe this is a quality option that would not disappoint.

Regds, JR