Shrinking

vbimport

It’s been a while since i’ve backed up any movies. DVD Shrink & DVD Decrypter or DVDFab wouldn’t let me rip this movie. I’ve got DVDFAB HD Decrypter that will rip it. After I rip it will I need to let DVD Shrink 3.2 shrink it & burn/write it with DVD Decrypter? Thanks

That depends entirely on what you want to burn it on and where it will fit. You can remove extras with DVDShrink, do a movie only backup and see if it will fit without having to use compression. Many movies will do this, but not all.
Compressing with Shrink is still a perfectly valid way of making backups too.

And you can always do full backups to double layer dvds. They are more expensive of course. And the only good ones that are widely available are sold under the Verbatim brand.

You should look into a free burning program called ImgBurn for the actual burn process. It is the updated burning engine from DVDDecrypter. There is also a version of DVDShrink that can use it automatically instead of using DVDDecrypter. You can find that version here: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/664041

[QUOTE=midnightmike;2519878]It’s been a while since i’ve backed up any movies. DVD Shrink & DVD Decrypter or DVDFab wouldn’t let me rip this movie. I’ve got DVDFAB HD Decrypter that will rip it. After I rip it will I need to let DVD Shrink 3.2 shrink it & burn/write it with DVD Decrypter? Thanks[/QUOTE]

Correct although I’d recommend burning with ImgBurn which more up to date and is developed by the author of DVD Decrypter.

Once you rip with DVDFab HD Decrypter you’re free to compress then burn with whatever software you choose.

By the way DVDFab and DVDFab HD Decrypter are part of the same software package.

DVDFab is the full registered program DVDFab HD Decrypter is the limited freeware component. So if it rips with the freeware version it’ll definitely rip with the registered version.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Thanks!!

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2519904]That depends entirely on what you want to burn it on and where it will fit. You can remove extras with DVDShrink, do a movie only backup and see if it will fit without having to use compression. Many movies will do this, but not all.
Compressing with Shrink is still a perfectly valid way of making backups too.

And you can always do full backups to double layer dvds. They are more expensive of course. And the only good ones that are widely available are sold under the Verbatim brand.

You should look into a free burning program called ImgBurn for the actual burn process. It is the updated burning engine from DVDDecrypter. There is also a version of DVDShrink that can use it automatically instead of using DVDDecrypter. You can find that version here: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/664041[/QUOTE] When I download the shrink to image burn it asks me how do i want to open it. Do i open it with shrink or image burn? Thanks

The download is in the form of a .rar file. To open a .rar file you’ll need either WinRAR (a commercial program) or one of the free compression/archive programs like 7zip.

You can get 7zip here: http://www.7-zip.org/
Get the version that fits your operating system…in other words, 32bit or 64bit depending on what you are using. Install 7zip.

Download and install ImgBurn. www.imgburn.com

Open the .rar file and move the DVDShrink 3.2.exe file into the existing DVDShrink folder in C:Program Files. (assuming you are using XP). This will overwrite the existing executable. Now, once you start up the program and are set to burn an ISO, you’ll see an option to burn with ImgBurn instead of DVDDecrypter.

I’m only guessing but I think there might be a terminology issue here Kerry.

I suspect midnightmike wants to know where to open the files that DVDShrink produced, in order to burn them.

Don’t know if I’m right or not but if that’s the case midnightmike, you need to open them in ImgBurn and burn them from there.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=midnightmike;2519878]It’s been a while since i’ve backed up any movies. DVD Shrink & DVD Decrypter or DVDFab wouldn’t let me rip this movie. I’ve got DVDFAB HD Decrypter that will rip it. After I rip it will I need to let DVD Shrink 3.2 shrink it & burn/write it with DVD Decrypter? Thanks[/QUOTE]

I will try to answer the original question above.

1. Rip it with the latest version of DVDFab.
    If you have already used the trial & now have the free version.That’s what I’m giving these instructions for.
    If the latest version somehow allows you another trial period then use DVDFab to do it all.
  2. Open DVD Shrink 3.2 .
    Select File dropdown in the menu bar. then select "Open Disc image "
    Make the settings you need to compress the .iso from DVDFab to a single layer size.
    In DVDShrink I don’t have the version that uses ImgBurn automatically & I don’t use the selection for using DVDDecrypter automatically.
    3.In the backup set “Backup Target” to ISO Image File .
    This is the easiest to use with ImgBurn. It can be used with DVD complient file folders but that takes more instructions & I don’t want to confuse the two methods.
  3. Open ImgBurn Select Write mode.In the Source click on the folder icon & select the .iso created by DVDShrink.
    Select the burner you will use for the burn in Destination.
    Make sure Test is unchecked. You can choose Verify or not. I only use it if I’m having a problem.
    Set your Write speed .
    Click the Write icon.
    The burn process will start.If all goes as it should your disc will be burned.

Got er’ Done!! Thanks Amigos!!

EDIT: looks like he “Got er’ Done”…:clap: