Shrinking, Compressing

vbimport

Since I’m really low on space on my internal hard drive. Can I rip the movie to my external drive where there is plenty of free space? I’m thinking I would have to have DVD Shrink in the external drive as well. Is that correct? Also can a viewer that has not seen a movie tell where I have made the layer break on a dual layerd disc? I haven’t tried yet to burn a movie to a DL dsic yet. Thanks

Hi,I also have [B]external drive [/B]and all I do is make backup on your drive on whatever computer you are using and drag file to your [B] external drive[/B].

That is what I do with my backup

I use an external drive most of the time to write movies to. I usually use the AnyDVD & CloneDVD2 combo . Then depending on the rip size I write the movie to a backup DVD from the external or compress & encode it with DVDRebuilder to my internal harddrive. Then write that to a DVD disc.
There is no reason DVDShrink won’t do the same providing it can handle the copy protection.
I haven’t worked with DL so I can’t help there.

[QUOTE=Kimberley_1987;2524148]Hi,I also have [B]external drive [/B]and all I do is make backup on your drive on whatever computer you are using and drag file to your [B]external drive[/B].

That is what I do with my backup[/QUOTE]
Some times you will have problems if you do this.Windows doesn’t do a good job of moving DVD complient files this way.At least Vista doesn’t.
If I need to just move the files I use CloneDVD2 for the move.This always produces working files .At least so far.

Kim I would have to 2nd cholla on this Dragging to an external drive will not always give you a good backup.

Midnightmike, I’m not sure what exactly it is that you are asking, so here are my thoughts on the subject… If you can do it with an internal hard drive, you should be able to do it with an exteranal hard drive. I, myself prefer to use my external, since it comes with a terabyte of space. You should be able to tell your decrypter to decrypt to “E:\whatever” (assuming “E” is your drive letter), instead of “C:\whatever”. It should work the same.

Also, about layer breaks, if you rip the individual files to you hard drive (.ifo ,.bup, .vob) you shouldn’t have to worry about layer breakes. If you rip a disk image instead (.iso, *.bin, ect.) your ripper program should include that information when creating the image.