Shrinking, Compressing

vbimport

I got DVD Fab to rip it. I tried to shrink it with DVD Shrink. It says Invalid access to memory location and cannot continue. I backed a movie up a couple of days ago and it worked fine. Do I need to shrink it with a different software? Thanks

[QUOTE=midnightmike;2520734]I got DVD Fab to rip it. I tried to shrink it with DVD Shrink. It says Invalid access to memory location and cannot continue. I backed a movie up a couple of days ago and it worked fine. Do I need to shrink it with a different software? Thanks[/QUOTE]

Hi midnightmike

Since your using DVD Shrink I’ll take it you are using the free version of DVDFab, anyway do you get this message when you go to save the compressed file after using DVD Shrinkto the hard drive or when you go to open the file that DVDFab created ?..also how much free space do you have on the hard drive ? and what location on the hard drive are you trying to save it to ?

I have the movie ripped to the hard drive from DVD FAB. I tried to shrink it with DVD Shrink when I get the message. After I rip the move there is only 5.7 gigs of free space left. Is it that there is not enough space left? I just backup a movie the other day and had the same space & it worked fine. I always delete them from the drive after the write. Thanks

I thought you said that you got it done in your other almost exact thread where you got many answers

[QUOTE=midnightmike;2520785]I have the movie ripped to the hard drive from DVD FAB. I tried to shrink it with DVD Shrink when I get the message. After I rip the move there is only 5.7 gigs of free space left. Is it that there is not enough space left? I just backup a movie the other day and had the same space & it worked fine. I always delete them from the drive after the write. Thanks[/QUOTE]

5.7 GB is just not enough free space even though DVD Shrink will only needs 4.3 GB for the file it creates you are not taking in consideration that the "Operating system itself needs at least 15 to 25% of free space to operate or function properly…eg…if you have a 500 GB hard drive you should try and keep anywhere from 65 to 125 GB of free space for the operating system at all time, or your computer can or will become very slow sometimes and/or even crash at times…

I suggest you delete some things or even remove programs you no longer use to increase the free space, you can also do a “Disk Clean-up” using the utility … if you have never used the utility before then I suggest you do it first, you may or will be surprised how much free space you’ll regain back :wink:

Ok, Thanks