Shrink Problem

vbimport

I had to wipe out my hard drive and start fresh due to some defects. I now have Win 7 Home.Everything is working great. One small glitch, when I try to use Shrink I get the following message: " Dvd Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue, Failed to open //F:, the process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process". There is no other activity going on with that drive. Never ran across this with Shrink before. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What’s the F? A hard disk?

[QUOTE=Gummigutta;2517928]What’s the F? A hard disk?[/QUOTE]
No. Its a Cd/DvD drive.

Anyone have an idea? Fogot to mention. This was the Shrink that incorpoates Imgburn into the system, downloaded it in this forum.

Windows Autoplay that grabs the drive for you?

[QUOTE=Gummigutta;2518214]Windows Autoplay that grabs the drive for you?[/QUOTE]
Hi Gummigutta, thanks for a reply, could you explain a little further?

What Gummigutta is posting is you have your AutoPlay set to play or otherwise use the drive when a disc is inserted.
I have Vista in the Control Panel there is an Autoplay icon.
I have most of mine set at “ask me every time” .
For example you may be autoplaying to WMP.

[QUOTE=cholla;2518283]What Gummigutta is posting is you have your AutoPlay set to play or otherwise use the drive when a disc is inserted.
I have Vista in the Control Panel there is an Autoplay icon.
I have most of mine set at “ask me every time” .
For example you may be autoplaying to WMP.[/QUOTE]
Thank’s but thats not the problem, all my defaults are set to “ask me everytime”

Do you get this error message when there isn’t a disc in this drive F: ?

Try to use Process Explorer to see what other program that is holding your drive.

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2518172]Anyone have an idea? [B]Fogot to mention. This was the Shrink that incorpoates Imgburn into the system[/B], downloaded it in this forum.[/QUOTE]

If you are talking about the very last update that alows you to use ImgBurn as the burn engine then that may be the problem, that download only contains the icon(exe)…

You need the DVD Shrink 3.2 [B]installer[/B] itself (that uses DVD Decrypter and Nero) and after you install DVD Shrink you replace the .exe (icon) that is located in c\program files\DVD Shrink with the new exe icon with ImgBurn…

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2519828]If you are talking about the very last update that alows you to use ImgBurn as the burn engine then that may be the problem, that download only contains the icon(exe)…

You need the DVD Shrink 3.2 [B]installer[/B] itself (that uses DVD Decrypter and Nero) and after you install DVD Shrink you replace the .exe (icon) that is located in c\program files\DVD Shrink with the new exe icon with ImgBurn…[/QUOTE]
SJ, Thanks my version is 3.2.014, if this is not the version, is one available for download?

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2519856]SJ, Thanks my version is 3.2.014, if this is not the version, is one available for download?[/QUOTE]

The last version was 3.2.0.15 and I’m sure it can be found for download, however if you wish you can send me a PM(private message) with your e-mail address and I can send the installer to you along with the very last version that supports ImgBurn->(which comes with a readme)…

Please note…Don’t post your e-mail here in the forum for all to see, it can and/or will lead to un-wanted spam…also I will send both in one .zip file :wink:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2519925]The last version was 3.2.0.15 and I’m sure it can be found for download, however if you wish you can send me a PM(private message) with your e-mail address and I can send the installer to you along with the very last version that supports ImgBurn->(which comes with a readme)…

Please note…Don’t post your e-mail here in the forum for all to see, it can and/or will lead to un-wanted spam…also I will send both in one .zip file ;)[/QUOTE]
SJ, Thanks a million, just sent it off.

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2520054]SJ, Thanks a million, just sent it off.[/QUOTE]

You/ve got mail :bigsmile:

Hi Jim

Most likely the DVD Shrink that you downloaded that supports ImgBurn is only the .exe file not an installer…

in order to use the exe file that supports ImgBurn you must have DVD Shrink installed.

I have sent both of them to you viva email with the necessary info :wink:

Thanks to Stormjumpers expert advice this problem has been resolved.
Thanks for all the help from this great forum.

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2520138]Thanks to Stormjumpers expert advice this problem has been resolved.
Thanks for all the help from this great forum.[/QUOTE]

You are more then welcome my friend and thank you for posting back to us know your problem is fixed :cool:

Have a great week :flower:

[B]SJ[/B]