Shrink out of memory

vbimport

I have just gotten an error message from Shrink that I have never encountered:

Dvd Shrink encountered an error
Out of Memory
Not enough storage is available to process this command.

Any suggestions appreciated. T.I.A.

I have posted this message previously, but then I mistakenly was using Blu-Ray, second time my computer was at fault, had to be formated. Now all is fine and I am getting this message again, the disk I am using has no encryption it already was. Any help swould be appreciated.

Better give us details of your system. Are you using Win7 64bit? Are you using an external hard drive? And do you have more than 4gb memory?

If using Win7 64bit, have you tried changing the compatibility setting to XP SP3?

Are you still running AnyDVD in the background by chance, when working with Shrink?

Have you tried ripping to the hard drive first, then using Shrink? And if that doesn’t work, try running it through FixVTS before opening the files on the hard drive with Shrink.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2616347]Better give us details of your system. Are you using Win7 64bit? Are you using an external hard drive? And do you have more than 4gb memory?

If using Win7 64bit, have you tried changing the compatibility setting to XP SP3?

Are you still running AnyDVD in the background by chance, when working with Shrink?

Have you tried ripping to the hard drive first, then using Shrink? And if that doesn’t work, try running it through FixVTS before opening the files on the hard drive with Shrink.[/QUOTE]
Hi Kerry, I am using an Asus CM5675 i5CPU 8G Ram, Home professional 64 Bit. I was not using AnyDvd in the background. I think it might be the external drive, I just used my internal Optiarc 7200, and it worked, I’ll try the external again later to ascertain that this was the problem, but it looks that way.Thanks for the great advice.
Jim

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2616362]Hi Kerry, I am using an Asus CM5675 i5CPU 8G Ram, Home professional 64 Bit. I was not using AnyDvd in the background. I think it might be the external drive, I just used my internal Optiarc 7200, and it worked, I’ll try the external again later to ascertain that this was the problem, but it looks that way.Thanks for the great advice.
Jim[/QUOTE]
Kerry, The saga continues. I think now the reason for all this was I did a low level format on the external drive I use for storing movies, did it to clear up the drive, had a lot of crap on it, found out this was a bad move. I finally restored the drive, but now seems as though it has little or no virtual memory. Any more useful and needed advice? Thanks again.
JIm

Sorry, no, I don’t have a solution for your problem. DVDShrink has been giving more and more problems for people using faster systems and lots of ram. The program was written for Windows 98 and XP, and was abandoned in 2004, so hardware and software around it have changed dramatically.

It doesn’t always know how to cope with buffering in a modern system, and there is no 64bit version. And its not an open software, so there will be no new versions even from other authors.

Here is a typical discussion of the program and out of memory issues with external drives: http://www.dvdshrink.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100609

I personally haven’t experienced any problems, but I don’t use external drives of any sort.