Show us your home theater setup

vbimport

I bet some people here have some really cool stuff to show, anyone who dares to post pictures and specs of their setup. Of course any other information about your setup is welcome, make us drool! Unfortunately I can’t share as I haven’t decided on what to buy yet!

Mine is a rather modest setup.

[B]Hitachi 32PD5200 plasma TV[/B] (doesn’t carry the HD ready logo but supports 720p and HDCP via the DVI-D connector). I plan on keeping this TV for a while as the picture quality is fantastic and our lounge can’t really take a larger TV.

[B]Panasonic SA-HT520[/B] (combi DVD player and 5:1 surround setup). It’s again very modest but produces decent sound.

[B]Sony PS3[/B] for Blu ray playback. It’s also connected to the home network for media streaming (belongs to my daughter, but is more or less always connected to main TV these days).

[B]Custom built Media Center PC[/B]. Based on a Intel Core 2 duo with 2 GIG of ram, running Windows Vista. A more powerful (low profile) graphics card is needed for BD playback. Once i can get hold of one i’ll probably fit a Pioneer BDC-S02 combi drive.

Nice Dee. I saw a Samsung A550 Plasma today browsing around and that picture was awesome, I may have to change my mind about Plasma.:slight_smile:
I posted mine a while ago here But there have been changes with the audio portion.
Mainly Polk Monitor 70 speakers (fronts)
Polk Monitor 50’s Surround
Polk Monitor 30’s Rear Surround.
The rest is the same. Now when there is a car crash in a movie it happens right in the veiwing area.

Watch most movies on my computer (it’s in my bedroom)

And here’s my HT system:

my system

a newer pic with my new speakers, and no more cable box

a couple movies :wink:

Whoops;

TV is a mitsubishi wd-65731
Receiver is an Onkyo HT-R520
DVD player is a region-free (hacked) pioneer DV-400V (best dvd player i’ve EVER owned)
PS2
JBL center channel
athena front stage
and onkyo rear speakers (HTIB)
no blu-ray yet, just use the 360 to stream HD content from my computer (1080P wmv h264 files)

my video of choice is still a DVD, tho. simple, inexpensive, gets the job done :wink:

Our system:

A Pioneer Elite 1080p 60"
A Yamaha 140W per channel, 1080p upscaling 7.1 AVR with internet music
Two Pioneer DVD 301 carousels, daisychained for a 601 menu selection and about full of 535 DVDs, upscaled to 1080p
A Pioneer 2-sided-play LD player, upscaled to 1080p
An HD cable DVR tuner with hooked to DVD+/-RW recorder for back-up
An HTPC with HD tuner, WMC, and full HDMI output to TV as needed
7.1 JBL speakers-large all around

Awesome, Blue-j. No standalone bluray player yet?

Everything’s awesome, except that 8300HDC!

Mine made me want to tear my hair out!

I’m doing without cable until they release something new (or better firmware)

Both of your setups are awesome! Big investments I guess :wink:

Some pretty awesome looking gear there guys.
Now, you’re probably going to guess since i’m a woman, that i can’t help noticing, that these systems tend to take over the whole room.
What do your wives/partners think of these systems?

[quote=Dee-27;2044449]Some pretty awesome looking gear there guys.
Now, you’re probably going to guess since i’m a woman, that i can’t help noticing, that these systems tend to take over the whole room.
What do your wives/partners think of these systems?[/quote]
Partner? :stuck_out_tongue: Happily divorced. Probably why my living room looks the way it does. Daughters live with their mom but they seem to be over here lots watching movies.:bigsmile:

Just finished doing some upgrades. (Boredom and disposable income are an expensive combination).

Current system includes:

Samsung HL61A750 LED monitor
Yamaha RX-V661 AVR
JBL: L890 L-R, LC2 center, L8400 600 watt sub, S26 surrounds x 4.
Toshiba A3 HD-DVD
Oppo 980 DVD
Dish 622 satellite HD-DVR

All connect via HDMI on Monoprice 4:1 HDMI switcher and Yamaha 661.

I’m very pleased with the Samsung LED, although it does require a lot of calibration and tweaking to get the best image.

That is a kick @ss system, but hide away the sub woffer, and the center speaker is distracting.

Here are some pics of my setup
Kit List Tv Samsung LE32R32B,Clarke Tech HD5000 Sat Box,Dell Vostro 200 with Bluray drive added,Xbox 360 & HDDVD addon,Onkyo TX-SR605 Amp,& Jamo A105 Surround speakers & Sub,Sanyo Z3 projector & Lumene screen.

Not very exciting, but… (excuse the mess)

This is my bedroom/office setup.

Sony KDL32S3020
Yamaha RX-V640RDS
Sky HD
Pioneer DV-696AV
Alba DVD Recorder
Bose Acoustimass 15’s with extra centre rear for 6.1
Acard Duplicator (:o)

I recently made a good score on eBay and picked up this 5:2 set of JBL Performance Series speakers. PT800 x 4, PC600, and PS1400 x 2. Also found a refurb Sunfire 5200 amp to run them with. Sounds too good to describe.

These speakers are nearly identical to the Revel speaker line, with exclusive use of titanium inverse dome drivers. The subs are 14" - 400W each, and when docked with the PT800 satellite units, they create a unique 4-way system with a 130Hz crossover to the sub.

Sweet set up Dan. That should flicker a few candle flames. Don’t suppose they have any more Sunfire 5200 amps where you found yours? Found a great deal on some Polk LSi’s and seeing as they are 4 ohm I need some serious power to really make them sing properly.

[QUOTE=crossg;2113277]Sweet set up Dan. That should flicker a few candle flames. Don’t suppose they have any more Sunfire 5200 amps where you found yours? Found a great deal on some Polk LSi’s and seeing as they are 4 ohm I need some serious power to really make them sing properly.[/QUOTE]

Legitimate refurbs are hard to find, and there are plenty of unauthorized sellers around. Sunfire has a list of unauthorized and authorized sellers on their website. Authorized sellers tend to be B&M stores.THESE FOLKS had a couple B-stock refurbs and I snatched one. They also sell authorized clearance A-stock. Prices for A-stock clearance range from $1300-$1500 on the 5200. Look for the earlier model too, the “Cinema Grand” 5200, they turn up on eBay pretty regular. There’s several CinemaGrand models on eBay right now. Anyway, contact HelwickAudio directly, cause they don’t list everything on eBay.

And don’t forget you can also get 3 old Carver amps off eBay and have 6 channels. The TFM-25, TFM-35, M 500 and M500t are common and often under $300. All are outstanding amps, and run cool. Some of them might be older than you are. :wink:

[quote=CDan;2113297]Legitimate refurbs are hard to find, and there are plenty of unauthorized sellers around. Sunfire has a list of unauthorized and authorized sellers on their website. Authorized sellers tend to be B&M stores.THESE FOLKS had a couple B-stock refurbs and I snatched one. They also sell authorized clearance A-stock. Prices for A-stock clearance range from $1300-$1500 on the 5200. Look for the earlier model too, the “Cinema Grand” 5200, they turn up on eBay pretty regular. There’s several CinemaGrand models on eBay right now. Anyway, contact HelwickAudio directly, cause they don’t list everything on eBay.

And don’t forget you can also get 3 old Carver amps off eBay and have 6 channels. The TFM-25, TFM-35, M 500 and M500t are common and often under $300. All are outstanding amps, and run cool. Some of them might be older than you are. ;)[/quote]
Thanks Dan. I will check it out.:slight_smile:

that is some set up…i don’t think u have enough speakers might be hard to hear what is being said on the TV. kidding

Well I didn’t score these on Ebay and they weren’t cheap by any means of the imagination, but that goes hand in hand with the disease (upgradeitis) Still in the process of upgading, Newest additions are Polk RTi A9’s mains and a Polk CSi A6center After some wheeling and dealing I got all 3 for just under $2000.00.:o I will have to use my existing Polk Monitors for surrounds until I can complete the RTi A series in 7.1. After all a guy needs to eat too.:slight_smile:

Dan still watching ebay for for that Sunfire amp. It will probably show up when I can least afford it.:wink: