Should You Avoid Multitasking When Burning?

vbimport

My build is made up of an E8400 (Intel Core 2 Duo) and 4 GB of memory. How much should I limit multitasking to ensure a good burn? Ok to browse internet? Ok to do antivirus scan? Ok to play games??

The real question [I]should be [/I]‘How much should I search before I ask a commonly asked question?’ The limit in burning generally isn’t the processor, it is the troughput of the disk subsystem(s)…So what do [I]you[/I] think you should be able to do?

I personally burn and browse the net all the time. I have had no problems with that ever. I am just speaking for myself though. Also why is it that most senior members and mods are so rude to people who ask questions? Im sure if extremepilot knew the answer to his question he wouldn’t have asked and I assume he wasn’t expecting to get a question in return either. If it bothers you guys sooooo much that people ask questions then maybe you shouldn’t answer them. Just a thought though.

[QUOTE=extremepilot;2073716]My build is made up of an E8400 (Intel Core 2 Duo) and 4 GB of memory. How much should I limit multitasking to ensure a good burn? Ok to browse internet? Ok to do antivirus scan? Ok to play games??[/QUOTE]

Regardless of how much core and memory you have burning is a hardware and software intensive application. As well as getting the right media to burn as well. I would say if your burning no multitasking, AV, or game play. It’s better to make a good burn then burning coasters and coasters-wasting money away. This is one way people get skipping or studdering as well as incomplete burns. Also if your AV sometimes block the software operation and makes a coaster. Game play becomes CPU and Mem and HDD intensive can cause apps failure and lockups as they fight for system resources.

extremepilot, please read our rules more carefully and try to show some appreciation for people that try to help. :cop:

Thread closed.