Should stem cell be privatised into businesses.....?

can a company such as Advanced stem Cell Technology make ethical decisions in this arena/industry when they have profit at stake?

Should public opinion keep a company from doing something simply because it is unpopular–even though it is legal? (suppose it is?

thanks!

[QUOTE=cheeselovesmice;2446348]can a company such as Advanced stem Cell Technology make ethical decisions in this arena/industry when they have profit at stake?[/quote] Sure they can. Not sure if they should make every decision themselves though, but who’s gonna control them? And who’s gonna control the controllers?

Should public opinion keep a company from doing something simply because it is unpopular–even though it is legal? (suppose it is?
No, because thanks to public opinion a lot of advanced technologies can’t or will not make it. Stem cell research could lead to a lot of possibilities for every kind of disease, maybe even cure some of them.

Thanks to a bunch of creationists who think we are not allowed to tinker with Gods creatures science is hold back.

Come on… We may dissect a thing to the atom, electron or quark, but can’t tinker with cells?

How about if they want to grow people with 2 heads, double the work load? Or viable anon-cephalics which could be used for God knows what? Where is the line drawn? Who draws the line? I think the line needs to be discussed, soon.

[QUOTE=Zathros;2448747]How about if they want to grow people with 2 heads, double the work load? Or viable anon-cephalics which could be used for God knows what? Where is the line drawn? Who draws the line? I think the line needs to be discussed, soon.[/QUOTE] I guess the people who do such things draw the line, and even then some will cross the line big time.

If there´s money to be made, they´ll do it…cos they can.
If there´s a lot of money to be made…the governments will support them.

That´s how it always worked…stem cells will be the same.