Should Marijuana Be Legalized?

I’d like to hear ur views and feelings on this subject, from both tokers and non-tokers alike. Me personally, I come from a marijuana friendly state, but besides that, I feel it should be legalized. I think alcohol is worse than weed. How many alcohol related accidents with death happen every year, tons, how about with weed? ZERO JMO, how about urs?

I agree. I’m a toker and a drinker from time to time, and to be honest, I think alcohol is a lot worse. When you’re high, you don’t want to do anything. You pretty much just want to sit there and admire how fun everything is. But alcohol will make you do some crazy shit. I haven’t heard of many people getting into accidents while they are high. But it does happen. The pot smokers I know are the most harmless people I know.

I’m not interested in making it legal, but I want alcohol and tobacco illegalized.

Ha, I have been toking for 37 yrs. now. I feel that alcohol and tobacco should be the substances that should be illegal. I worked with some very bright controls engineers and they all toke too! I mean too much booze will cause liver failure, not see a red light and kill a car load of kids, fights and the next day you feel like shit although just a couple of drinks at home is cool. Now too much weed, the amount of smoke you inhale is bad for you leads to congestion problems but I do not recall anyone with lung cancer from smoking weed. It helps stimulate peaceful thoughts and feelings something the world needs more of. LOL well maybe some one dropped the hots between their legs and burned theirselves. It will lead to terrible eating habits(aka the munchies). The tax dollars can be a great benefit too. It can make you non productive but it also stimulates just the opposite.

Damn James, I thought were a lot younger than that, what a trip, heh. So far 3-0! Burners unite!

I like it better to eat my grass than smoke it - helps me keep away from tobacco too, and makes me feel safer that I won’t get lung problems :smiley: Gotta watch the weight though. :wink:

I’ve been keeping myself away from the leaf for years now though (I’m trying out the clean life ;)), but tobacco and alcohol is much worse IMHO.

I forgot to post this in the first post…Overview of state by state laws on state marijuana laws. Very interesting stats.
http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=4516

[QUOTE=Ripgut;2283342]Damn James, I thought were a lot younger than that, what a trip, heh. So far 3-0! Burners unite![/QUOTE]
Thats right. I am a 52 yr. old head banger! Although I don’t go to many shows anymore because everyone gives me that are you a narc look :eek:

LMAO, yeah. I’m 32 man, I been to a few metal shows myself, I listen to everything though, I seen Megadeth and C.O.C in the early 90s, GNR/Metallica at the Rose Bowl, but Hetfield didn’t play guitar cuz he was burned, only sang, James Marshall filled in, I saw Motley Crue at the Forum on the Feelgood tour, and a few others. Right on James!

[QUOTE=Ripgut;2283354]LMAO, yeah. I’m 32 man, I been to a few metal shows myself, I listen to everything though, I seen Megadeth and C.O.C in the early 90s, GNR/Metallica at the Rose Bowl, but Hetfield didn’t play guitar cuz he was burned, only sang, James Marshall filled in, I saw Motley Crue at the Forum on the Feelgood tour, and a few others. Right on James![/QUOTE]
OT but you got me goin now. I have been to more shows than I can remember. Living near Detroit I have seen them all except for the Stones. Saw Led Zep 2x, Black Sabbath Masters of Reality and Never Say Die tour. Front row center seats for Rainbow got to shake Dio’s hand Ritchie Blackmoore let me strum the neck of his guitar. I gave Sammy Hagar a doob once while he was on stage, partied with Journey you name it. Got to see the Detroit riot squad in all their glory waiting for Ted Nugent tickets. Idiots were throwing bottles at cops about 3am next thing you know here comes the riot squad breaking bottles while people still had them in their hands. I spent many nights sleeping in the streets of Detroit waiting for tickets.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI65nh52LnE

That’s insane man, you got to see Jimmy Page and Tony Iommi in their prime! You can tell I play guitar, heh. David Lee Roth was dope, but Hagar held his own all those years with Van Halen, can’t believe you shot him a joint during a concert, those are some dope stories, I bet you got tons more, thanks for sharing that shit with us man!

It inspires creativity just listen :bigsmile:

I will start with the music I’m just a little older than jamescooley1& like rock & hard rock.Back in the day I went to a lot of rock concerts.
Just to name a few Grand Funk,Doobie brothers,Carlos Santana,Might as well add Screaming Ted too.I even drove one of ZZTop at a concert & too the airport the next morning.Each had their seperate car & driver.
For the marijuana issue ;I’m for legalization but probably for a different reason.If you legalize marijuana you take the contact with dealers & pushers away.A lot of “pot” dealers also either sell harder drugs or are in contact with those that do.If pot was legalized then it could be purchased in a store like a liquor store.So a person would have to seek a dealer only when wanting harder drugs making it harder for the dealer to know them beforehand.Since selling the harder drugs carry a greater penalty maybe more of those would get busted.
I do think a good test for marijuana level should be found & I’m sure it could because I don’t think being high on marijuana & driving should be allowed.
I didn’t vote in the poll because neither was what I would vote for.
I’m more like Yes it should be;Just say no. Meaning just because it is legalized you can say no to smoking it.Just like we can tobacco & alcohol.

I don’t smoke it but I think what with cigarettes and alcohol they might as well legalize it too. Most stoners are mellowed out and don’t want to start fights and get stupid, drunks are always causing problems. I don’t believe that just because your stoned you don’t get into car wrecks and like that but it’s probably a lot less then drunks do. Face it when your not able to fully concentrate on your driving bad things can happen no matter why.
They have made so much money fighting it that they don’t want to suddenly admit that it’s no worse then the other legal vices, after all most stoned peole are easy to arrest then you get to take all their stuff sometimes:doh:

My only reservation about legalizing it is it might make it easier for young people to gain access to it. They have enough of a gauntlet to run through while growing up and making it worse for the sake of convenience for adults to get high isn’t good enough justification for me. I know of several people that smoked too much weed in high school and it just seemed to suck the ambition right out of them. It definitely changed their personalities. If pot becomes as accessible as alcohol then there will just be more people like them being produced, IMO. Before anyone gets their panties in a wad, I also knew people that didn’t suffer any discernible negative effects from smoking pot but that doesn’t justify putting the people that can suffer negative effects at greater risk. I also know of several children of adults that I know where their kids started smoking pot and it snowballed into them taking harder and harder drugs. There is definitely a downside to legalizing pot and, IMO, these effects disproportionately hits on the adolescents.

I drive better high, str8 up, no bullshit. I concentrate more, I’m more focused. Even my temperament is positive. If I’m not high and some dude cuts me off or something, I’ll run up on the side of him and flick him off or something:o, but if I’m high, I’m like whatevers, in my head I’m thinking, let this idiot get a ticket, stupid speeder, LMFAO.

[QUOTE=Ripgut;2283368]…You can tell I play guitar, heh…[/QUOTE]:cool: i didn’t know you played guitar. You will have to join ~Soul~ and myself for some guitar fun in chat :slight_smile:

I have been NORML since the 60’s :smiley:

[QUOTE=Bob;2283745]:cool: i didn’t know you played guitar. You will have to join ~Soul~ and myself for some guitar fun in chat :slight_smile:

I have been NORML since the 60’s :D[/QUOTE]
I have never been normal :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Kenshin;2283317]I’m not interested in making it legal, but I want alcohol and tobacco illegalized.[/QUOTE]Even though there is no mention of the USA in the title of this thread i do believe this thread is about marijuana laws in the USA :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2283747]I have never been normal :)[/QUOTE]Not http://www.norml.org/ or not http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normality_(behavior)? :bigsmile: