Should i upgrade my burner or keep as it is

[qanda]This thread is about the Asus DRW-22B1LT. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hello, i’ve been thinking if i should or shouldn’t buy a new burner, and what better way than to ask for a little help :slight_smile:

I’ve been scoping the threads and i’m currently pending for either a

• Pioneer DVR-115D
  • Sony NEC AD-7200A
  • Samsung SH-S223F (this one is practically out of the question due to some reviews i’ve read over here)

Also possible since they are in the price range of the above

• LG GH22LP20 22x IDE LightSribe
  • Sony NEC AD-5200S (and the 5200A)
  • LG GH22NS40 (and the S30)
  • LG GH22NP20

My current burner is an Asus 22B1LT i bought it more because of the light scribe function at the time, and i want to change it since i can’t book type DVD+R DL to ROM.
I only use +R and +R DL from Verbatim and the occasional CD-R from verbatim …and +RW (SONY-S11-00…are they any good?)
Also i’m unsure if i should buy a new one or not because e also have (retired) a BenQ DW1620 and a LG GSA-4167B, so i’m really not sure what to do.

If i can get some help i’d appreciate it of course, so what do you think, should i buy a new one or use one of the old ones i have

Personally I would buy a new drive as the two you have that are retired are old and a new drive isn’t that expensive either. I personally would go with the pioneer but the 116D as it’s newer, the 116D also handles +R DL discs very well as I have burnt a fair few with mine.

[QUOTE=Jedi Master Yoda;2288559]Personally I would buy a new drive as the two you have that are retired are old and a new drive isn’t that expensive either. I personally would go with the pioneer but the 116D as it’s newer, the 116D also handles +R DL discs very well as I have burnt a fair few with mine.[/QUOTE]

unfortunately the few that are available in my area are the ones i listed above (well at least the ones in a budget :wink: )